Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock am Ring/Rock im Park 2011

Options
  • 09-01-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum so bear with me :D

Ok so I'm going to Rock am Ring in Germany next year. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been to it, and what their experiences are? I've been to Oxegen, is there much difference, apart from the sun and the line-up being so much amazingly better imo?

Also, anyone going this year XD

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Would love to go but head liners seems **** to me this year. I've only heard good things so you should enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

:O But....but.....but System! Sorry, been a lifetime aspiration to see them live, even if I didn't like any of the other bands (which I do), I'd go for them :D Only band/famous thing I'd ever go out of my way to see :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah they are playing all over the shop aren't they. I'd go for tool

Yeah they are, I was initially gonna go to Download but I love the German language and culture, and I've always wanted to go to the Nurburgring so that decided it for me :)
    I like Tool, I'd probably go and see them if they were playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

amyputz wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum so bear with me :D
    Welcome! How come it took you six months and over 500 posts before you decided to grace us with your presence?

• Advertisement

I don't really know! :P I originally joined just for my college forum, only really started noticing others that interested me recently :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So far, SOAD is all that appeals to me. Wacken Open Air would be the German festival that'd suit me a lot more.

Wacken you mean, not Waken. And yeah I'd love to go to that at some point too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Have been to it the last three years, unbelievable fest. Another world compared to Oxegen. The crowd are easy going and fun, they bring van fulls of equipment with generators, army tents, fridges and bbqs.

Example of how good and friendly the crowd is at it.

My friend went crowd surfing at Metallica in '08 while wearing a banana suit and somehow his phone,money etc. fell out of his pocket onto the ground. A group in the crowd spotted this and spotted where he went back to standing (must have been close by) and went to get him. My friend was grabbed by a guy and dragged back through the crowd to see his stuff sitting on the ground with a group of people standing around it.

Advertisement