Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-tobaccos.com

Options
  • 09-01-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever used this before, im just wondering cause im a student and i cant really afford to be throwing 60 quid down the drain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

A word of caution to the O.P. if I'm not too late.

I'm down a little over €100 in relation to an order I placed on 10/12 last.

I've e-mailed a few times in the meantime and only received a holding type reply to my first e-mail.

The cigars I ordered are uncommon so I realise it's possible that they are not in stock but the lack of info from them is not a good omen though imho.

I also realise that they may well have been despatched and confiscated but the order status remains at pending so I doubt that's the case. I'm short on info which is my main gripe at the moment.

Anyhow, I suppose my advise is don't place the order if you cannot afford to lose the cost of it. That is all for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

A word of caution to the O.P. if I'm not too late.

I'm down a little over €100 in relation to an order I placed on 10/12 last.

I've e-mailed a few times in the meantime and only received a holding type reply to my first e-mail.

The cigars I ordered are uncommon so I realise it's possible that they are not in stock but the lack of info from them is not a good omen though imho.

I also realise that they may well have been despatched and confiscated but the order status remains at pending so I doubt that's the case. I'm short on info which is my main gripe at the moment.

Anyhow, I suppose my advise is don't place the order if you cannot afford to lose the cost of it. That is all for now!

Hey Tom

have a look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658341

and post #13 there is a member called etobaccos.com
    his name is Felipe, drop him a PM he might be able to help you and confirm what the delay is, he always replies

Good Luck

Well, here we are , 6 weeks later or thereabouts, and I'm afraid my original advise to the O.P. still stands.

I took the Rev, D's advise and P.M,d his contact but no reply I'm afraid. Also, there's been no reply to my e-mails direct to their own address.

If htey were still in honest business I'd imagine they'd be in contact with me stating that my order was despatched and citing customs issues as the probable reason I have not received my order.

Unfortunately, they've disappeared off my radar. Must check and see if Visa can offer me some comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 etobaccos.com

Dear Tom,

We are sorry for not having answered your ticket earlier. There was an issue when processing your order, a human error, which has now been solved.

Please check your email for a detailed explanation.

We would appreciate if you update this thread once you are satisfied with your order.

Kind regards,

Felipe Fernandez
    www.e-Tobaccos.com

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, it appears all may not be lost.

Many thanks to Felipe for the (eventual) reply. I will update the thread as requested.

Here comes the update, as promised. Following from Felipe's post above and some e-mails back and forth, part of my original order arrived last week.

My order comprised of two different products from the same manufacturer. Felipe very kindly offered to increase the amount of one of the products free gratis as a gesture. Unfortunately it transpired that he then couldn't supply that product due to supplier issues.

Rather than delay the process any longer Felipe suggested that the in stock part of the order be despatched and my cc be credited the difference. I agreed and said that they could send me a little extra of the in stock product also.

Alas, it was not to be and the gesture proved to be empty in the end.

All that being said though, the process was very efficient once Felipe picked up on the problem. The most cynical amongst you will ponder whether the problem was only picked up when I wondered aloud in a previous post whether Visa might help; most of you however, wont give a monkey's...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mariapapadaki

I placed an order in e-Tobaccos (915953) on 4th of May 2011. They charged my credit card and after one week they sent me an e- mail with title: *************************************"Waiting for stock partial": We were expecting to receive the stock to serve your order in the latest shipment from the importer, but unfortunately we have not received it.We have in stock some products of your order but not all. We were expecting to receive more stock from the importer including the ones out of stock for your order which are:Danske Club Black Luxury (50g) x 5 Bags. We expect them by the end of the week., but unfortunately we have not received it.We have three options now:1.- We continue trying to obtain it, we receive a new shipment this Friday on which it could arrive.2.- You choose another suitable product from more than 1700 products in our shop.3.- We ship the products we have and refund you the difference.**********************************I replied telling them to replace out of stock items with other tobaccos (with same cost) and to ship my order. NO ONE ANSWERED!!I sent them many emails. NO REPLY!!!After 4 weeks they sent me again the same e- mail (You have three options etc). I replied again -- STILL NO ANSWER!!I'm still waiting... VERY BAD!! MARIA PAPADAKI

I placed an order in e-Tobaccos (915953) on 4th of May 2011. They charged my credit card and after one week they sent me an e- mail with title: *************************************"Waiting for stock partial": We were expecting to receive the stock to serve your order in the latest shipment from the importer, but unfortunately we have not received it.We have in stock some products of your order but not all. We were expecting to receive more stock from the importer including the ones out of stock for your order which are:Danske Club Black Luxury (50g) x 5 Bags. We expect them by the end of the week., but unfortunately we have not received it.We have three options now:1.- We continue trying to obtain it, we receive a new shipment this Friday on which it could arrive.2.- You choose another suitable product from more than 1700 products in our shop.3.- We ship the products we have and refund you the difference.**********************************I replied telling them to replace out of stock items with other tobaccos (with same cost) and to ship my order. NO ONE ANSWERED!!I sent them many emails. NO REPLY!!!After 4 weeks they sent me again the same e- mail (You have three options etc). I replied again -- STILL NO ANSWER!!I'm still waiting... VERY BAD!! MARIA PAPADAKI

look at post 4 in this thread

Felipe will sort you out

I hope he will, because I'm loosing my patience...But anyway this is ridiculous! I mean to post in threads - hoping that Mr. Felipe will hear us!!!They must reply in their clients e-mails...Also I cannot PM him now according to the rules (To post new visitor messages in this forum your post count must be 25 or greater)... I'll keep posting.Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kostas

I placed an order in e-Tobaccos (915718) on 19th of April 2011.
    They charged my credit card on 4 May 2011 (172,17 euro) and the next day they sent me this e-mail:

Thank you for placing your order in Buy Tobacco | e-Tobaccos
    The status of your order 915718 has changed to Waiting for stock partial.
    We were expecting to receive the stock to serve your order in the latest shipment from the importer, but unfortunately we have not received it.
    We have in stock some products of your order but not all. We were expecting to receive more stock from the importer including the ones out of stock for your order which are:
    Captain Black Royal (50g) x 5 Bags. Is difficult to obtain right now we recommend changing to another product.
    , but unfortunately we have not received it.
    We have three options now:
    1.- We continue trying to obtain it, we receive a new shipment this Friday on which it could arrive.
    2.- You choose another suitable product from more than 1700 products in our shop.
    3.- We ship the products we have and refund you the difference.
    Please let us know how you want to proceed.
    Apologies for the inconveniences that this lack of stock from the importer might cause you.

I replied with this e-mail:

Please try to obtain it until this Friday (tomorrow) and if Captain Black Royal will not arrived,
    then please ship the products you have (Borkum) and refund me the difference.

NO ONE ANSWERED!! I sent them many emails and faxes, but NO REPLY!!!
    After 5 weeks I'm still waiting...

Kostas Kotoulas

Finally I had an answer from e-tobaccos:***********************************Order 915953 (ticket #212860)Following your instructions we have replaced the Danske Club Black Luxury with:Alsbo Vanilla (50g) x 5 BagsAlsbo Black (50g) x 5 BagsYou also have a credit of 3.57€ to be used in your next order by just mentioning it in the comment field of the new order.We will ship your order ASAP.Kind regards,Felipe Fernandez**************************************************That was on 15th of June. I'm still waiting for my order to ship.Let's hope!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kostas

At 16.6.2011 I received this answer from e-tobaccos:

Sorry for the delay answering, we missed your ticket. Sorry.
    We will refund the Captain Black and will ship your Borkum Riff Whiskey ASAP
    Kind regards,
    Felipe Fernandez

and this order update:

Thank you for placing your order with www.e-Tobaccos.com
    This email is to inform you that the status of your order 915718 has changed to In Process. We have refunded 53.25 euro corresponding to the Captain Black Royal which is out of stock and we will ship the Borkum Riff Whiskey ASAP.
    Sorry for the extremely long delay. To try to compensate for it we offer you a 5% discount on the products of your next order. To use the discount just mention it in the comment field of the new order.
    Also we would appreciate if you could update any complaints that you posted on internet about us. Many thanks.

Today (24.6.2011) finally I received (Fedex) my order in good condition!

Also e-tobaccos has refunded 53,25 euro, but 3 x Captain Black Royal costs 85,20 and not 53,25

I hope that this mistake will be solved too.

Finally I received yesterday my order in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Finally I received yesterday my order in good condition.
    How long were you waiting? One and a half months? :eek:

Mr.S wrote: »
    Whats the point in buying from the site as a matter of interest? 1 Carton = 64 euro, shipping = 18. So your paying 8.20e a pack.

Worth the effort to save 30 something cent?

50 gram pouch in Ireland €19
    50 gram pouch on e-tobaccos.com including postage €8 ish

also more variety
    its a bit of craic :-)
    If rather not pay 92% tax to the Irish government so they can bail out a crowd of corrupt bankers and developers

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Anyone ever have any trouble with customs off this site? i'm sick of paying nearly a tenner for a 25g pouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 The Marlboro Man

Any one know any alternative sites for buying smokes?

I've been using e-tobaccos for over a year, but they have put their prices way up..

i found a couple of american ones but their postage costs were huge

and i found one aussie one which was pretty good price wise
    but when i went to place an order i couldn't find the site again :o

i'm sticking with e-tobaccos for now until i get my crop growing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 galerisien

it's 1 month since i'm waiting my damn order, then umber 917357. i'm about to denounce the site e-tobaccos since i'm seriously bored of no email answers. so Felipe Fernandez, what do you say now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Folks - This forum is for discussing Smoking. If you have problems with a retailer - please take it up in the Consumer Issues forum.

Thanks,

tHB

galerisien wrote: »
    it's 1 month since i'm waiting my damn order, then umber 917357. i'm about to denounce the site e-tobaccos since i'm seriously bored of no email answers. so Felipe Fernandez, what do you say now?

i just placed another order last monday

got an email this morning saying

there was a bank holiday of some sort in spain so alot of orders were behind

first of about 11-12 orders that took more than a week

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Order processing for four days now, I thought that slow, but evidently not. Thanks for the heads up about the holiday. Hopefully they dispatch it soon, was hoping to take delivery by the end of next week(preferably sooner).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Took delivery today. Very pleased, thanks Felipe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You're lucky, my last order took 16 days to get in motion. Ordered on the 15/8 delivered 6/9, a product that's supposed to be high availability(2-5 days on site)

This is the norm rather than the exception. What's really annoying is that your card is charged immediately :(

With the prices for cigarettes(esp compared to a few years ago) and the inconvenience of not knowing when to expect them, it's becoming marginal for me. The brand I get are not available at all in Ireland, so it's kind of a 'treat' now.

There is some good value in rolling and pipe tobacco though tbf

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I am closing this thread as it is supplier-centric & mostly dealing with customer service issues not relevant to the forum.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement