Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 4th Round Draw, 3.45, ITV

• 09-01-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

numbers are as follows

1 Burnley
    2 Coventry City
    3 Sheffield Wednesday
    4 Fulham
    5 Doncaster Rovers or Wolverhampton Wanderers
    6 Brighton & Hove Albion
    7 Huddersfield Town
    8 Crawley Town or Derby County
    9 West Ham United
    10 Reading
    11 Arsenal or Leeds United
    12 Aston Villa
    13 Leicester City or Manchester City
    14 Bolton Wanderers
    15 Blackburn Rovers
    16 Swansea City
    17 Wycombe Wanderers or Hereford United
    18 Stevenage
    19 Burton Albion
    20 Birmingham City
    21 Southampton
    22 Watford
    23 Chelsea or Ipswich Town
    24 Notts County
    25 Everton
    26 Manchester United or Liverpool
    27 Wigan Athletic
    28 Stoke City or Cardiff City
    29 Tottenham Hotspur or Charlton Athletic
    30 Nottingham Forest
    31 Leyton Orient
    32 Torquay United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Bolton V wigan
    Arsenal/Leeds V Huddersfield town
    Fulham V Spurs
    Southampton V man Utd
    Everton V Chelsea or Ipswich
    Burnley V Burton Albion
    Birmingham City V Coventry
    Swansea V Leyton Orient
    Notts county V Man City or Leicster
    Stevenage V Reading
    Doncaster rovers/Wolves V Stoke or Cardiff
    West Ham V Forest
    Sheffield Wednesday V Hereford/wycomb
    Villa V Blackburn
    Sorry missed a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Oh Villa against Blackburn in a cup game, yet again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Come on Ipswich :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Oh Villa against Blackburn in a cup game, yet again!
    Unbelievable isn't it. Its like an annual thing that we meet in the cup(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Southampton V Man United and West Ham V Forest are the two stand out draws for me.

If Leeds beat Arsenal in the replay Huddersfield (a derby) will await them. Would love to see Huddersfield play Arsenal. Huddersfield play some really good attacking football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Obvious TV matches will be Everton v Chelsea and S'oton v United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Obvious TV matches will be Everton v Chelsea and S'oton v United

Fulham V Spurs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

eagle eye wrote: »
    Unbelievable isn't it. Its like an annual thing that Villa beat Blackburn in the cup(s).

Indeed:pac:.

But seeing as Collins & Warnock are being rumoured across Villa internet land to be on their way to Rovers it potentially adds a bit of spice, and i'm sure Rovers fans will be hoping for a bit of revenge on last years cup defeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

That_Guy wrote: »
    Southampton V Man United and West Ham V Forest are the two stand out draws for me.

If Leeds beat Arsenal in the replay Huddersfield (a derby) will await them. Would love to see Huddersfield play Arsenal. Huddersfield play some really good attacking football.

The amount of my fellow Hammers fans who will be up for this thanks to Keith Hackett will be huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Het-Field wrote: »
    The amount of my fellow Hammers fans who will be up for this thanks to Keith Hackett will be huge.

I hope Forest win. ;)

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope Forest win. ;)

Hey I have no beef with Forest !

I even liked one of their jerseys so much I was compelled to buy it !

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/championship/nottingham-forest/1993-95-nottingham-forest-away-shirt-m.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Indeed:pac:.

But seeing as Collins & Warnock are being rumoured across Villa internet land to be on their way to Rovers it potentially adds a bit of spice, and i'm sure Rovers fans will be hoping for a bit of revenge on last years cup defeats.
    I'd be happy to have the exact same results as last year against you guys. Thats you winning any cup games and us getting 6 points in the league.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Had to laugh at the Blackburn number not being shown at all during the draw, when there were 3 ties left to draw there were 5 possibilities listed with Blackburn missing,

Then when they asked Southgate to pick out the tasty looking ties he mentioned all the all Premier League ties except for the Villa v Blackburn one,

Wonder if Sam had anything to do with that :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Het-Field wrote: »
    What did Keith Hackett do :confused:

What did Keith Hackett do :confused:

In 1991 Nottingham Forest and West Ham United went toe to toe in an FA Cup Semi Final at Villa Park.

All was going well until Hackett needlessly and incorrectly gave Tony Gale his marching orders. What had been an even encounter turned into a lopsided affair as Forest ran out 4-0 winners. Hackett is seen in a similar vein by the Hammers, to the way the likes of Bryan Hill were seen by Man Utd fans and staff.

Subsequently, Hackett never refereed a game involving West Ham again. In some quarters this has always been seen as tacit acceptance by the authorities that the referee in question "dropped the ball" in a massive way.

Advertisement