Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim tams in Ireland

Options
  • 09-01-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Lads, I have a quick question. Where the hell can you pick up some tim tams in Ireland??

I have been looking for ages and I just can't find them.... I have heard you can get them in Tesco but where???

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

I have gotten them (both varieties) in Tesco in the square, Tallaght before. I'd guess any large store ie Dundrum, Tesco Extra stores like Maynooth/Naas would have them too.
    Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,087 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Lads, I have a quick question. Where the hell can you pick up some tim tams in Ireland??

I have been looking for ages and I just can't find them.... I have heard you can get them in Tesco but where???

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/T/timeteam/

I hope you get your keyboard fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

There's a pretty cracking pie shop in the Ilac Centre, it's Australian themed and carries a couple of Aussie snacks - Tim Tams included.

They also do some maaaaaaaaaaaarvellous pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

If you want to say tim tams the way australians say it hold your nose & say tim taaaaaaams. Say the tim bit really quickly & slow down on the tams bit.

tim taaaaaaaams Everybody say it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Superquinn used to do them but I'm not sure if they still do!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Do you know Fallon and Byrne? It's a shop on Exechequer Street in Dublin City Centre, they sell those Tim Tam's. Never tried them myself but seen them there (this week infact) as I always go in to get Goldfish crackers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I've seen Tim Tams in Tesco stores before. Can't remember if I found them in Dunnes Stores before or not, but definitely seen them in a Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Have you had penguins? We had an aussie in work who liked his tim tams and never knew there was a similar bar here, there were penguins going around and he was amazed!

Of course I have absolutely no doubt some whingers will be on saying they are 100% polar opposites :rolleyes:

Penguins are the original
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_%28biscuit%29
    The Tim Tam produced by Arnott's in Australia was based on the Penguin. [1] Occasional media references include tongue in cheek debates over which is the superior biscuit.

I expect fallon & byrne might charge 5 times as much as you might get penguins for, so they might be a suitable replacment even if you prefer the tim tams. I think the aussie in work preferred the penguins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Biscuit aisle in Dunnes, Tesco, SuperValu-i've seen them everywhere!!! Usually pretty expensive, but sooooo worth it for the Tim Tam Explosion!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Pretty much every Dunnes I've been in has them. Have yet to try them though, and I am quite partial to a Penguin bar when they're around.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I've seen them in the biscuit aisle in Tesco. Even the caramel ones! I'd not recommend Fallon and Byrne for anything you can pick up in Tesco unless you want to literally just throw money down the drain for the same product but just a fancier receipt! :P

They are very similar to Penguins, but I prefer Penguins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have gotten them (both varieties) in Tesco in the square, Tallaght before. I'd guess any large store ie Dundrum, Tesco Extra stores like Maynooth/Naas would have them too.
    Good luck :)
    Both varieties?
    There's a lot more than 2 out there, keep looking imo

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Mellor wrote: »
    Both varieties?
    There's a lot more than 2 out there, keep looking imo

I thought there was only a brown and golden wrappered Tim Tam?!

Just found a website with Tim Tam inspired recipes!

Tim Tam Slam! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lornen wrote: »
    I thought there was only a brown and golden wrappered Tim Tam?!

Just found a website with Tim Tam inspired recipes!

Tim Tam Slam! :pac:
    Off the top of my head;

Regular (brown)
    White Chocolate
    Dark chocolate
    Double coated (two chocolate layers)
    Caramel (golden I think)
    Mint
    Honeycomb
    Choc crunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Theres the new black forest ones too though in fairness they are a bit rank..

Double coated FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Supervalu used to have them from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Leigh222

At the risk of emptying the tim tam shelf in this place i am going to share with you where you can get some... https://www.facebook.com/BonzaPies Bonza pies, ALWAYS has in stock. Unfortunate for u if your not in the Dublin area but may help a few of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I used to be able to get them in Tesco's in Tralee, but its ages now since they stocked them, and no sign of them anywhere else :(
    Thankfully some Aussie friends of the family always send us a few packets at Christmas...they don't last long though! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hillclimb20v

Hate digging up an old post .....but im looking for them along with pineapple lumps and milo, but after about 50 packs or so

I looked in tesco and they seem to have stopped stocking them! I see them online all the time but massive postage on them

anyone know where i can get them in Ireland, Pie shops seem to be winding up by the looks of things

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Milo is sold on amazon, who have free delivery if your basket is over £25

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nestle-Milo-Energy-Cocoa-Powder/dp/B00476W2A4/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1373445276&sr=1-1&keywords=milo

I think I might have seen it in either €2 shops or Asian supermarkets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think Tim Tams are available from www.candyland.ie, who also have one or two shops in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hillclimb20v

Thanks i might pop into some of the asian supermarkets, good chance a large one will stock the milo.

I had a look on there last night and they are out of stock on candyland but i also need to make a small markup, and candyland have left me no room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Faith wrote: »
    I think Tim Tams are available from www.candyland.ie, who also have one or two shops in Galway.

€5.50 for a packet:eek:
    There'll be no anniversary Tim Tams for the OH this yr!

Advertisement