Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Edge Nightclub O' Connell Street

Options
  • 09-01-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Has anybody been in the new club The Edge or Edge? It's where redz use to be.

I havent heard much about it and I drove by the other night and it was dead!

Anybody have any feedback on it?

Comments

Havnt been in it, but the roof wont be any higher :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

cisk wrote: »
    Havnt been in it, but the roof wont be any higher :pac:

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its on westmoreland street op, i havent been in it but i was going to apply for a job in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

Danye wrote: »
    Has anybody been in the new club The Edge or Edge? It's where redz use to be.

I havent heard much about it and I drove by the other night and it was dead!

Anybody have any feedback on it?

Its a club for midgets

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jimmay wrote: »
    ??
    it was well known that redz nightclub roof was pretty low causing considerable neck damage to anyone of a average height.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Wher the hell was redz only place I remember on Westmorland was Trivia and the place that was there while it was still a Bewleys. Unless the United shop used to have a bar. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wher the hell was redz only place I remember on Westmorland was Trivia and the place that was there while it was still a Bewleys. Unless the United shop used to have a bar. :confused:
    it was at the apex of westmoreland street and d'ollier street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

it was well known that redz nightclub roof was pretty low causing considerable neck damage to anyone of a average height.

and it was filthy dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

And stuffy and sweaty...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Haven't been in it, but it hasn't "officially" opened yet and it's over 21's, it's just testing the water. They plan on expanding it into what used to be the Man Utd shop next door as a bar afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Redz was the nightclub that opened up once the united shop closed. Same location.

They're going to need to run a pretty decent club to beat 21s across the road. From what I remember seeing there ad on facebook for their opening night it was pretty expensive to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Redz was well known as the haunt of absolute scum on some nights, this new place are going to have to work to keep the usual suspects away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Also well known for never IDing anyone at all. Wouldn't have to try too hard to beat 21's, horrendous place. People might migrate to it from Qbar but not if they keep that 21s policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

2euro a drink on a monday during college back in the day.......messy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Also well known for never IDing anyone at all. Wouldn't have to try too hard to beat 21's, horrendous place. People might migrate to it from Qbar but not if they keep that 21s policy.

21s is a **** club but it will always draw in the 18-21 crowd with piss cheap deals so I don't really how The Edge will put up much competition. Anyone over 21 will know by then where the proper clubs are and head there, people under 21 are just going to flock to the cheap drinks.

Advertisement