Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifth year, no motivation to study!

• 09-01-2011 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm in fifth year at the moment, doing 8 honours subjects and hoping to study medicine so the pressure is already on! The problem is that even though I know, and have been told by the career guidance teacher etc that I'm more than capable of getting the results but I'm not achieving them at all... I have difficulty sitting down and making myself spend time studying, and when I do I find myself really distracted... I really want to get into medicine and am definitely willing to do the work but I just never feel like I'm getting anywhere when I do study...
    I suppose what I'm really asking for here is someone to outline what I realistically need to be doing study-wise at this stage, and maybe a few tips on how to do more productive study?

..although what I probably need is just a kick in the arse to get me working more!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 traymad

The way i think of it is

Work really hard until june 2012 and then get your couse and you can have the job you always wanted and enjoy life

OR

Enjoy life till june 2012, dont get your course and not feel happy and maybe not enjoy the things in life you want

so Im basically saying a few years of hard work now is better than feeling miserable later in life when you cant get a job you enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maxwell95

Hi im presuming your either in your course now or not but im exactly the same position. its my dream to do medicine but im just so lazy im in fifth year doing 7 honours and absolutely no work im getting on grand B's and C's but i know if i put in the work i can do better but i just cant motivate myself! what did you do??

Advertisement