Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an answer quicky!!

Options
  • 09-01-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm getting a new case and my budget has brought me down to chose between CM Storm Scout or NZXT HADES. so witch one should I get.

Please help

SO which case 2 votes

NZXT HADES
    0% 0 votes
    Cooler Master Storm Scout
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Scout is awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 martins2309

have you had any previous experience with it? I'm getting it for a gaming rig that I'm building before college

well too late now I purchased the scout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ive got the scout. its great. and i know "handles" are not "cool" anymore, but mine has come in handy many times.
    being painted on the inside is a nice extra, as is dust filters.
    pretty quiet too.

only problem i have with it is a big long scratch across the side panel. the GF decided being drunk means she had to fall on top of it and scratch it up. :(

ive never seen/used a HADES though, so im biased..

EDIT: actually, i found the cable management to be pretty none existent, but maybe my PSU cables are really short. other than that, no complaints.

thanks for the info. I am getting a modular PSU so cable management wont be a big issue

• Advertisement

thanks for the info. I am getting a modular PSU so cable management wont be a big issue
    i have a modular PSU lol... CM silent pro 600W..

oh I'm waiting on the CM silent pro 700W what a coincidence

oh I'm waiting on the CM silent pro 700W what a coincidence
    ha nice. now go to bed!

actually, what are your specs and where did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

OK Now Im looking at a Scout too.
    Definately nicer than the Hades, but I have a bugbear with any cases that have doors on the front of them to get at your optical drives.

Anyway, Where did you guys order from, and how fast was the delivery ??

On another case related question, when did Mid-Towers start having their PSU's on the bottom ??
    Does this present issue or restrict airflow when the case is on carpet? Id imagine that it would be more prone to sucking in dust if it is down low??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

While the NZXT case is nice, the build quality is a little poor in places. The Scout, in my oppinion is much nicer looking and Coolermaster generally have a good reputation for a solid build quality.

• Advertisement

To answer your questions 1: www.pixmania.ie for 74 and 20 for delivery( the cost remains the same no matter the amount of items so I suggest to buy multiple items at a time). 2: don't really know if it will depends on the richness of the carpet

What is happening to your website. I wanted to get the HAF 622 and now its gone. So I had to go with something else

Advertisement