Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A New Phone - Vodafone PAYG, Suggestions??

Options
  • 09-01-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I have to get a new phone - my old one is getting on my nerves freezing anbd shutting off and has to go:
    I would use it mostly for talking and texting. I text quite a lot and would prefer not a touchscreen as I find them very awkward for texting quickly or if your walking and trying to text at the same time.
    I would use the internet fuction from time to time.
    I would like something that I could download cool apps on, but I am unsure if you could do this on anything other than an I Phone.

Edited to add info as per charter:

What features are important to you in a phone?
    Would like a decent camera, preferably with a flash, bluetooth
    Form factor
    Open to any suggestions - would prefer it not to be touchscreen though, I'm sick of them!
    Internet
    No preference, although 3G would be preferable but not a deal breaker
    Operator
    Vodafone Pre-Pay (PAYG)
    Price range
    €150 - €200 max

Phones on the Vodafone Website:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/prepay/upgrade/index.jsp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Sorry, I would use it mostly for talking and texting. I text quite a lot and would prefer not a touchscreen as I find them very awkward for texting quickly or if your walking and trying to text at the same time.

I would use the internet fuction from time to time.

I would like something that I could download cool apps on, but I am unsure if you could do this on anything other than an I Phone.

Edited my first post to include the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

After some long hours looking at the Vodafone website:

I've narrowed it down to:
    Nokia 5230 - although was thinking of staying clear of touchscreens this time
    The Nokia C3
    The Blackberry Curve 8520
    Nokia X3-O2, but still on the fence with that one!

Which would be better the Nokia or the Blackberry??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dlambirl wrote: »

Which would be better the Nokia or the Blackberry??

Blackberry by a running mile.

• Advertisement

Have you any idea what the Blackberry 8520 is like? I know it hasn't 3G - but is it a good phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I got a c3 for x-mas and i love it-got the green version. I find it very easy use. I had a touchscreen which i hated before this.

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    I got a c3 for x-mas and i love it-got the green version. I find it very easy use. I had a touchscreen which i hated before this.

Yeah I am SICK of the touchscreen. I can't text while I'm walking or if I'm not looking at the phone and even if I am looking it still doesn't text as well as having buttons!

I am between the Nokia C3, Nokia X3-02 (Carphone Warehouse have it in blue) or the Blackberry 8520 - which would ye prefer/think to be a better phone??

Or is there any sign of new phones being released by Vodafone?

As per charter:

What features are important to you in a phone?
    Would like a decent camera, preferably with a flash, bluetooth
    Form factor
    Open to any suggestions - would prefer it not to be touchscreen though, I'm sick of them!
    Internet
    No preference, although 3G would be preferable but not a deal breaker
    Operator
    Vodafone Pre-Pay (PAYG)
    Price range
    €150 - €200 max

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Got the Nokia C3 in grey for christmas. Fantastic phone, the keyboard for texts is brilliant! Can't complain about the camera either, no flash though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

If you're looking for a full QWERTY phone like the ones you mentioned above I'd look at the Blackberry Curve 8520. I know a few people with them and they are really happy with them. Also I think you're wrong about the 3G and it does have that, WiFi too. Blackberry's whole OS overall is better than that of the Nokia C3 (symbian). It also has WiFi so you can get some apps in Blackberry's App World! The overall experience will be better on the Blackberry compared to the Nokia. I think you should go with the Balckberry. ;)

Btw, I'm no way biased towards blackberry, I'm android all the way. :)

Advertisement