Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Marking

Options
  • 09-01-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Question.
    can someone clear this up for me. If you fail one exam as in you dont get the 40% mark, but you can make the 40% mark by added your labs do you still pass??

This is assuming you pass all all your other modules.

I am currently doing MEchanical Engineering and if anyone has any solutions to 2nd year fluid mechanics i would greatly appericate it.

Any good Fluid websites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

We where told we must pass all the exams and labs. So you cant fail one part and expect to pass by getting a high mark in that module at summer exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

It depends on the course. The rules are different between different programmes and even on different subjects. Check your programme document, that should tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Once you get a combined mark of 40% ( labs and writen exam) you will pass. This is the way it is with Mechanical Eng in Bolton Street anyway. Each course has it's own rules with exams and marking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

It depends on the subject. Don't assume you just need 40% overall to pass, unless this is actually stated in the course handbook,

Advertisement