Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cowen, Sean Fitzpatrick, Golf and the Gardai

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

raymon wrote: »
    . In the us if someone does something bad they just apologise, check into rehab and all is forgiven. Cowen should check into rehab and blame his treasonous activities on the booze.

Brian Cowen SHOULD have been fired after his disgraceful radio interview a few months ago. I would like to ask all working people here in this forum, if you turned up to work drunk, would be automatically dismissed????? As under most people's contract of employment this is a sackable offence.

It seems the government have a law of their own, and it seems acceptable to turn up to a radio interview drunk, as he was not dismissed afterwards. Where is Brian Cowens contract or employment, or terms of conditions of employment for being Taoiseach????

This is only one issue with Brian Cowen, not to mention his economic treason, lies, and corruption with bankers. What does it take for a government Minister, or a Taoiseach to get dismissed in this country?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

nicegirl wrote: »
    Brian Cowen SHOULD have been fired after his disgraceful radio interview a few months ago. I would like to ask all working people here in this forum, if you turned up to work drunk, would be automatically dismissed????? As under most people's contract of employment this is a sackable offence.
    Is it? I have had three jobs in my post college adult life, and never once have I seen it in any contract to which I was subject. Indeed I have often come in to work distinctly under the weather from the effects of over-indulgance, sometimes work related, sometimes personal. I have never been sacked in my life. Then again, I have never been Taoiseach and his presentation on Morning Ireland was unacceptable.

I'm just pointing out that he is subject to different expectations than most of us, most people would not have their employment called into question due to arriving into work hungover. I don't know about you, but in my office it would probably be derided in quite a light hearted way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

later10 wrote: »
    Is it? I have had three jobs in my post college adult life, and never once have I seen it in any contract to which I was subject. Indeed I have often come in to work distinctly under the weather from the effects of over-indulgance, sometimes work related, sometimes personal. I have never been sacked in my life. Then again, I have never been Taoiseach and his presentation on Morning Ireland was unacceptable.

I'm just pointing out that he is subject to different expectations than most of us, most people would not have their employment called into question due to arriving into work hungover. I don't know about you, but in my office it would probably be derided in quite a light hearted way.

If someone came into my company significantly hungover they'd be told to go home and that it would be taken off their holidays.

A repeat would mean their dismissal.

Aside from anything else (i.e. the fact that it is completely unacceptable) it would be a valid Health & Safety issue.

EDIT : Anyway, his performance in that interview isn't what's being discussed; it's what he said and how he said it while at an undisclosed "golf" meeting with the head of a corrupt bank just before he chose the disastrous tactic of bailing it out without checking what he was exposing the country to is the bigger issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it is now too late to go changing heads around in ff, mr cowen should head it till next election, more important things to do, like getting us all back to work, and not be thinking of themselves, this will not earn michael martain brownie points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wackjob

can anyone explain what RTE and all the investigative journalist have been doing for the last 2 years since they played golf?

These connections are well know but not reported on, raft of this stuff will come out once he gets the push and post an election.

Why are they only reporting on this stuff now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement