Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cowen, Sean Fitzpatrick, Golf and the Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

ilovesleep wrote: »
    So Sean Fitzpatrick bought Brian Cowen. My God! Why is Sean Fitzpatprick not locked up?

Doesn't your first sentence answer your second?

I'll rearrange them for you:

Why is Sean Fitzpatprick not locked up? Sean Fitzpatrick bought Brian Cowen (alleged implication).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Just as a point of clarification...

Are the media in Ireland given a copy of the taoiseach's daily itinerary?

nope thestory had to foi them http://thestory.ie/2009/12/04/cowens-first-year/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Brian Carey and Tom Lyons authors of "The Fitzpatrick tapes" currently on newstalk breakfast. You can get the playback on newstalk.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ISAW wrote: »
    Brian Carey and Tom Lyons authors of "The Fitzpatrick tapes" currently on newstalk breakfast. You can get the playback on newstalk.ie
    I can also recommend two other books (which I have myself).

"Wasters" by Shane Ross, Nick Webb.
    http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/shane+ross/nick+webb/wasters/7892140/

"The Bankers" by Shane Ross.
    http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/shane+ross/the+bankers+28ebook29/7370046/

The deeds outlined in these two books alone are shocking and show what the public has actually read about, is only the tip of the iceberg.
    (They are available too in Kindle (Mobi) and Sony E-reader (Epub) format)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

We are being screwed left, right and centre in this cuntry by politicans, bankers, and developers.
    Can people not do what iceland did and stop paying their mortgages. Why are people taking this RAPE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I would like to see the same clarifications that Alan Shatter has called for

http://www.alanshatter.ie/?p=2363
    I'd love to see them too, but it's so easy to lie these days :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Daddio wrote: »
    I'd love to see them too, but it's so easy to lie these days :rolleyes:
    Thankfully with technology catching up, its getting easier (not perfect yet I fully admit) to get caught too!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

I would like to see the same clarifications that Alan Shatter has called for

http://www.alanshatter.ie/?p=2363

Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Well mammy O'Rourke stated today that is a sad day when you cant go for a social game of golf....so if mammy says it then we have nothing to worry about.Just like when she defended John O'Donoghue for this love of the horses....at our expense.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Well depending on when it dawned on them (Haughey, Ahern or now) they obviously don't object to it from then on.
    Well perhaps then activists feel that backbenchers are also worthy of similar forgiveness as voters themselves appear to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

later10 wrote: »
    Well perhaps then activists feel that backbenchers are also worthy of similar forgiveness as voters themselves appear to be.

Voters haven't had a chance to correct their error, due to obstruction of by-elections, etc.
    Backbenchers have had plenty of opportunities.

So yet again you're inexplicably not comparing like with like, despite not being an apologist - strange, that.

A voter saying "I refuse to condone corruption" can't do much until March; a backbencher saying that could have prevented NAMA or Anglo or any number of other problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

The reason these board of directors of anglo haven't faced any form of criminal charges is because, they are all in each other's pockets, what more do you expect from a government whos previous leader told us that:
    1. money he had recieved from a developer in manchester was the result of winning it on the horses
    2. as finance minister henever held a bank account!
    This all came out during the last general election. We still voted him back into government. Come on people we are the ones to blame. fianna fail is rotten to the core and the only way to sort this mess out is to get them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

if these cowboys are not jailed by the time the election come around, i will not be voting

Voters haven't had a chance to correct their error, due to obstruction of by-elections, etc.
    Backbenchers have had plenty of opportunities.
    Voters have voted in a by-election, a local election and a European election in 2009 and 2010. Fianna Fail received hundreds of thousands of votes in that time... in fact in the Munster Europeans, FF topped the poll again. Are all of these people tacitly condoning corruption?

goat2 wrote: »
    if these cowboys are not jailed by the time the election come around, i will not be voting
    By not voting you might be giving them more of a chance of getting back in. ( ya right) If you have a vote use it make your voice heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Yeah, so do lots of people. They have a very clear idea of how politics works. It doesn't mean they're generally a party to political corruption in any way.
    If you voted for Fianna Failure in the last 30 years, then you are party to politcal corruption. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Voters have voted in a by-election, a local election and a European election in 2009 and 2010. Fianna Fail received hundreds of thousands of votes in that time... in fact in the Munster Europeans, FF topped the poll again. Are all of these people tacitly condoning corruption?
    I think the main reason for that is the good old problem of people having been FF voters all there lives, and its pretty damn hard to teach them old dogs new tricks. With the young votes emmigrating you'll still find FF getting a big vote!

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    I think the main reason for that is the good old problem of people having been FF voters all there lives, and its pretty damn hard to teach them old dogs new tricks. With the young votes emmigrating you'll still find FF getting a big vote!
    Teach them new tricks? Welcome to democracy, you have no right to teach them a thing. People are perfectly entitled to vote for Fianna Fail if they wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

One more to join the dole queue here. No way am I going to work again to pay taxes to support this fcuking corruption.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

talk about making a mountain out of a molehi... oh whoops its boards

• Advertisement

Teach them new tricks? Welcome to democracy, you have no right to teach them a thing. People are perfectly entitled to vote for Fianna Fail if they wish.
    Dead right. The votes of a corrupt gombeen supporting Fianna Failure is worth the same as an honest PAYE worker trying to support his or her family. There are hundreds of thousands of said morons in this country - we probably all know them.

The best course of action at this stage is to make sure that said morons learn to appreciate the consequences of voting for Fianna Failure. Eventually we can make support of Fianna Failure as socially unacceptable as drink driving - both ruin lives.

talk about making a mountain out of a molehi... oh whoops its boards
    We are not making a mountain out of anything. It's just further evidence of the litany of corruption that has the IMF running the country like a tin-pot banana republic somewhere.

It is further evidence that the reason Anlgo was not allowed to go bust - at a cost of €100 billion+ to the taxpayer - was because Fianna Failure were in the pocket of Anglo and the developers.

Not a molehill - more like a rat hole.

Fitzerb wrote: »
    "A backbencher saying that he does not condone corruption could have prevented Nama or Anglo"

Just to educate me. Could you please give me the facts on how you work the above statement out and the logic you applied to it. I dont want you to give me your normal tripe of lets take them all out and hang them stuff ,not just give me solid 100% proven facts as to how your statement is factual.

Ask politely without the arrogant dismissive bull and I'll consider answering. If, however, you find my posts to date contemptuous, I doubt you'd accept any more similar facts and concerns.

Yes.

goat2 wrote: »
    i would love to, but i dont see fg or labour or any of the indipendents asking for these people to be jailed, so in my mind they are all the one big bunch, the party i see having people answer and jailed for breaking this country i would vote for, but right now, neither ff, fg, labour or indipendents are going to gain a vote from me[/QUOTE
    The only way to get real change is by voting and not for the empty promises that some poiticans are peddeling but by the actual work they have done!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

We are not making a mountain out of anything. It's just further evidence of the litany of corruption that has the IMF runnint the country like a tin-pot banana republic somewhere.

It is further evidence that the reason Anlgo was not allowed to go bust - at a cost of €100 billion+ to the taxpayer - was because Fianna Failure were in the pocket of Anglo and the developers.

Not a molehill - more like a rat hole.

evidence or blind assumptions?

what 'evidence' is there to connect a game of golf to government corruption, no member of state would ever go out social outing with leading business men no?

the amount of people on complaining about everybody possible but themselves on here is shocking, until the country realises that the public played a huge part in this, we are doomed to repeat it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

ilovesleep wrote: »
    One more to join the dole queue here. No way am I going to work again to pay taxes to support this fcuking corruption.

One here that is working but will be the first one to walk out the gates should it come to it and I hope it does, sick to the b***** of the soft Irish mentality.

Yes.
    Wow so most voters in Munster, according to you, and based on 2009 election results, tacitly support corruption?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0109/anglo.html

Fine Gael's Justice spokesperson Alan Shatter, has called for the Taoiseach to be interviewed by the Gardai.

can anyone tell me on what grounds exactly?

or is this yet another case of the opposition whipping up a storm for the knuckle-dragging "hang them all" majority of society (and indeed, boards.ie)? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yes they are entitled to vote what ever they want, yet they are the same people who have benifited by this governments reluctance to enact real change in this country. mean while real people like myself are having to make do without.

Advertisement