Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So the Mayor missed out on 11D1 this year....

• 09-01-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in the paper earlier, and i didnt see a thread on it.
    This year the Lord Mayor of Dublin Gerry Breen has been allocated 11D11 instead if 11D1 on his new Mercedes which is sponsored by MSL Motors of Ballsbridge. This is the first year since the Mayors car has been allocated the first number of the year that this has happened. MSL also pay the €1000 fee for the number. It's not known who has got 11D1.

Anyone know if this was a deliberate thing as 11D11 isn't a bad looking regitration either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

11D1 doesn't seem to be taken?

Could be deliberate, fairly nice reg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Probably just a PR stunt for MSL, it will be picked up by the news and social media (eg this thread)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Id actually prefer 11D11 imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd prefer it if the Lord Mayor of Dublin(who is a nobody) didn't get a sponsored car from MSL.

MSL should sponsor a car to the President or somebody or importance and not some figurehead mayor. :rolleyes:

If he had 10 D 201 it wouldn't matter either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is 11-D-1 still on something from 1911 maybe?

Otherwise it could be being reserved for the elected mayor...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I couldnt give a fcuk what the reg was even LM along as I got a new Mercedes..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I couldnt give a fcuk what the reg was even LM along as I got a new Mercedes..;)

Where's LM? Never heard of it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

handy number innit, free car to drive around doin feck all for a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

11-D-11 is far better :)

As for 11-D-1 no doubt JJ Kavanaghs will figure out a way to get it if the Mayor won't take it. JJ Kavanghs take the 1 reg for most counties in the midlands and most of Leinster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Rumor has i some big shot from Lidl has the 11D1 plate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

1-20 were not released except for 11 as the plates may still be in existence, tried getting 11D5 but no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Interesting. I agree that perhaps 11-D-1 is being retained for a possible elected Mayor later in the year.
    (NOT that I agree with spending a small fortune having an elected Mayor!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I was under the impression that the mayor had to get the first plate of each year or has the law been changed to facilitate the giving of another corporate donation.
    All registration numbers are available for reservation with the exception of the first number of each year issued in the following cities - Cork, Dublin, Limerick and Waterford. These registration plates are then 07-C-1, 07-D-1, 07-L-1 and 07-W-1. These plates are reserved for the Mayor/Lord Mayor of each of these cities and are not available for reservation by anyone else.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/vehicle_standards/vehicle_registration_numbers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

For 1988, Dublin's millennium, the Lord Mayor had the no. 88-D-1000

Gophur wrote: »

And a 730i :eek:

Pfftt, crappy auld daysil Merc now!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Why not simply auction off these high value numbers, raise a few bob in keeping with the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

What exactly does the lord mayor of Dublin do anyways? I never hear of him on TV radio or any other media..

Why can't he buy his own car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Gophur wrote: »

Wasn't 1988 the Bicentenary?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Chriscl1 wrote: »

Correct , the millenium was 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

dave45dave wrote: »

....and 00-D-1 is still local to me.

Here's a picture of what the Lord Mayor had in 1995: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48073612@N04/5185221438/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Geoff845 wrote: »
    1-20 were not released except for 11 as the plates may still be in existence, tried getting 11D5 but no joy

In sure the motor tax office know weather they have already issued 11D1, it's entirely possible that it has been issued to a 1911 vehicle though. Interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 evilolive

Mystery solved. Its in my back garden now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Chriscl1 wrote: »

No
    dave45dave wrote: »

Not the one being referred to here.

No lads it was actually 96...

i070110.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

11D1 doesn't seem to be taken?

Could be deliberate, fairly nice reg!

Mywheels isn't working properly. 've tried all manor of random regs from '11

squod wrote: »
    Mywheels isn't working properly. 've tried all manor of random regs from '11

Well 11D11 works,try Motorcheck or cartell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ive tried a few on motorcheck & they are coming up.

11D520 is a 520d
    11D335 is a BMW335 Audi A5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd say it was deliberate.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

VolvoMan wrote: »
    ....and 00-D-1 is still local to me.

Here's a picture of what the Lord Mayor had in 1995: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48073612@N04/5185221438/
    That was the one John Gormley was given but it was too damaging on the planet so he didn't really use it (amid great public fanfare).
    That didn't stop his missus using it though.
    http://www.friendsoftheirishenvironment.net/paperstoday/index.php?do=paperstoday&action=view&id=10706

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hope he's paying some sort of tax/bik on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

In sure the motor tax office know weather they have already issued 11D1, it's entirely possible that it has been issued to a 1911 vehicle though. Interesting!

Don't you just love IT systems ? I was wondering myself what they were going to do with that 'millenium bug' ....a friend of mine has an 08 Ford iirc. 1908, that is :D:D
    kbannon wrote: »
    Quote from that article...http://www.friendsoftheirishenvironment.net/paperstoday/index.php?do=paperstoday&action=view&id=10706

A blip on Gormley's political progress came after he captured the Dublin Lord Mayoralty (following an internal faction fight which Gormley only won against three other Green councillors with the help of Trevor Sargent) when he took possession of the Mansion House and the gas-guzzling mayoral car - a politically incorrect Volvo. Gormley had been making much mileage (political) out of his non-use of the car only for some snitch to inform Goldhawk that Mrs Penny Gormley had been using it to go to and from work. Outrage, recrimination and angry debate then ensued inside Dublin South-East Greens with allegations of treachery and leaking to The Phoenix followed by Penny's angry letter of resignation from the Green Party (see The Phoenix, 3/3/95).

LOL, Do As I Say, Not Do As I Do...........why doesn't that surprise me ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 midas1

In The first year of the new registrations being released which was back in 1987 , 87D 1 was put on a Hino Truck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

midas1 wrote: »
    In The first year of the new registrations being released which was back in 1987 , 87D 1 was put on a Hino Truck.

Are you sure?. I think it was a Peugeot 205.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

kbannon wrote: »
    That was the one John Gormley was given but it was too damaging on the planet so he didn't really use it (amid great public fanfare).
    That didn't stop his missus using it though.
    http://www.friendsoftheirishenvironment.net/paperstoday/index.php?do=paperstoday&action=view&id=10706

Yes, they had to go out and buy a special VW Golf diesel just to please him.
    -Corkie- wrote: »
    Are you sure?. I think it was a Peugeot 205.

It was.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Yes, they had to go out and buy a special VW Golf diesel just to please him.
    To please him or his missus?

• Advertisement
Advertisement