Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer hard drive upgrade

Options
  • 09-01-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi I have a Dell Optiplex GX240 that I want to put some sata hard drives into.
    If I buy a sata pci card with say 4 sata ports will I be able to attach 4 hard drives of any capacity? Will the motherboard recognise this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Should work, but I'd be more worried about (1) actually having space inside the case to put 4 extra HDDs, and (2) a wanky Dell PSU actually coping with them.

I'd say go for 1-2 Spinpoint F3s (if they'll even fit) rather than 4 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

Yes I agree with you the case and power supply could cope with more that 1 hard drive but I was planning on buying a case and psu. I think I will scrap that idea and buy a sata pci card for cheap off ebay and try for a 500 gb sata hard drive on its own.

Advertisement