Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Ban

Options
  • 09-01-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

GuanYin wrote:
    Dear MUSSOLINI,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie. This is an automatically generated message.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    Hi,

As you are aware, we do not tolerate such comments about other users.

Especially in this case where you comment was that of a 3rd party person and can only be viewed as an attempt to incite and insult.

As such, you receive a 1 week ban and an infraction.

Regards,

GY

Infractions are a reminder to you that you have broken a rule, but not in a serious way. The rules for every forum can be seen in the Forum Charter which appears at the top of every forum. If you are unsure what rule you have broken or how, please PM the Moderator(s) of the forum and ask them. All forums are moderated differently, so if you made a similar comment on one forum, it doesn't necessarily mean it's ok to post it everywhere else. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s). Earning 9 active infraction points results in an automatic site ban until at least one of them expires (Infractions are active for 10 days) - this is there as a means to keep serious trouble makers or spammers off the site.

Original Post:
    [post]69932460[/post]
    You've indicated that you won't listen to what I say and will attribute other fictional reasoning to my posts;

Thats a bit rich coming from you tbf

All the best,
    boards.ie

Got this the other day. I feel this is very excessive and unwarranted. After exchanging Pms with the mod explaining how I was pointing out what I perceived as hypocrisy from the poster I was directed to take it here if I was unsatisfied.

I am, and as such would like the Cmods and admins if necessary to take a look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Do I need to PM people to get them to take a look at this, or will the required individuals come along eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Do I need to PM people to get them to take a look at this, or will the required individuals come along eventually?

A PM is faster - meant to come back earlier on this, but I have toothache at the moment, so I'm a bit distracted.

Will make enquiries and come back to you.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

No problem, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

OK, I can't really see sufficient justification for a full week's ban, so I've cleared it.

Having said that, the post was an unprovoked personal comment about another poster, and not likely to lead to anything except a pointless fight with Liam, so I'm happy enough that the infraction stands, and also that the time served on this ban before it was cleared is also warranted. Clearance of the ban yesterday would have served the same purpose, but I couldn't find a dentist, so that's my fault, really.

Not really a good piece of posting on your part, though, I have to say.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    OK, I can't really see sufficient justification for a full week's ban, so I've cleared it.

Having said that, the post was an unprovoked personal comment about another poster, and not likely to lead to anything except a pointless fight with Liam, so I'm happy enough that the infraction stands, and also that the time served on this ban before it was cleared is also warranted. Clearance of the ban yesterday would have served the same purpose, but I couldn't find a dentist, so that's my fault, really.

Not really a good piece of posting on your part, though, I have to say.

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    Personally I do not think any ban was warranted at all, but I will agree with the bolded part. You shouldn't see a repeat.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement