Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piers Corbyn Returns: The Cold Truth of What is to Come in 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Kippure wrote: »

uh oh ... lousy wet cold spring and summer ahead apparently :(

But forthcoming winters could be interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

stopped clock . . twice a day . . .:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Yer man in his introduction referred to the computer models as a ouija board or a wheel of fortune which made me laugh as it's not far off the mark.
    When you think about it the computer models are just like a stopped clock!

Can someone summarise this please like so?

Summer:

Winter:

Don't want to watch all 30 mins as don't have time now.

cheers if you can do it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

Can someone summarise this please like so?

Summer: LOUSY

Winter: COLD

Don't want to watch all 30 mins as don't have time now.

cheers if you can do it !

Above is what he said Winters and Summers will be like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

colder and colder til 2030 then staying cold for another 80 years .

http://anotherviewonclimate.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/piers-corbyn-100-year-forecast/

global warming me hole

I usually expect the opposite of the weather Piers Forecasts and then it's right.
    He's been forecasting severe winter cold for as long as I've had the internet.
    He's been lucky with coincidences in the last 2 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

DaDumTish wrote: »
    global warming me hole

that sounds very painful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I saw the interviewer was Alex Jones- conspiracy nut or NWO shill, takes your choice on that one, and decided I could do a lot more useful things with those 29 minutes or so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I saw the interviewer was Alex Jones- conspiracy nut or NWO shill, takes your choice on that one, and decided I could do a lot more useful things with those 29 minutes or so....
    I know what a conspiracy nut is but what's a NWO shill?
    I still think calling the computer models a ouija board is a good one though - think about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I know what a conspiracy nut is but what's a NWO shill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb0i2nlku1o

NWO means 'new world order', which a lot of middle/far right bigots believe is being established via the United Nations/Catholic Church/blah blah. Typical NWO believer is a gum chewing, gun toting, pot bellied, check shirt wearing white protestant male with the intellect and reasoning of a severely mutated frog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It looks like Piers Corbyn is going to have a slight reversal in his fortunes the way this month is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

http://durotrigan.blogspot.com/2011/11/politics-of-climate-science-energy.html

One man who has received considerable approbation amongst CAGW sceptics has been Piers Corbyn, who has appeared in the House of Lords in an effort to persuade peers that the assumptions of mainstream climate science are deeply flawed. His forecasting places great store upon solar and lunar factors and their interaction with other elements of the climate system, and his advocates claim that he is far more reliable in his forecasting than the Met Office. As Corbyn’s full forecasts are only made available to subscribers, and his ‘hits’ are remembered whilst his ‘misses’ are generally forgotten, it is not easy to ascertain if the claims with respect to his ability to accurately forecast months in advance stack up in his favour. However, his presentation to the House of Lords delivered on 26 October 2011, part of which is reproduced in the video below, made some startling claims with respect to this year’s winter weather in Britain.

In his winter weather forecast for 2011-2012, he claims that it will be “exceptionally cold” in Britain from 27 November to 28 December, with “huge snowfalls at times” around 2 December and 14-15 December, with the cold being brought in by Arctic or North-easterly winds.

Today is 26 November and there is no sign of Corbyn’s prediction coming to pass. It is still pretty mild for this time of year, and other forecasters are, if anything, forecasting milder rather than colder than average conditions over the coming weeks. Nonetheless, as of 25 November Corbyn remained bullish, stating that although the freezing blast had been “postponed”, it was still coming, and that his latest prognostications would be revealed at midday on 29 November.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=obLq_klpM1w#!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

that his latest prognostications would be revealed at midday on 29 November.

He's obviously gone over to the scaly side in order to get the use of HAARPS in order to make at least his this year's predictions true. You can't trust anybody. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Typical NWO believer is a gum chewing, gun toting, pot bellied, check shirt wearing white protestant male with the intellect and reasoning of a severely mutated frog.

How dare you accuse me of wearing checked shirts, Deep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Wheres the THUMBS DOWN button?......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

not very clear..is he still going for a very cold december, and what does he think jan/feb will be like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

You have to pay for his forecast..

A ridiculous cop out as usual, couldn't admit he was wrong and instead blames it on some random filament on the sun that wasn't even directed at the earth

Loved the line where he takes a cheap dig at James Madden for predicting snow in October before then saying his own prediction for cold this week was widely off the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Harps wrote: »
    You have to pay for his forecast..

A ridiculous cop out as usual, couldn't admit he was wrong and instead blames it on some random filament on the sun that wasn't even directed at the earth

Loved the line where he takes a cheap dig at James Madden for predicting snow in October before then saying his own prediction for cold this week was widely off the mark!
    ha me too, nerve of this guy, he seems so cocky and arrogant.'' come to weatheraction where the the real forecasters are :P think he just wrote that line to cover his terrible november prediction..and i wouldnt mind but madden didnt even forecast a cold and snowy october! said some places in uk could get moderate to heavy snow as early as october or november'' hardly a widespread cold snowy october forecast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    How dare you accuse me of wearing checked shirts, Deep!

I admit that was a little below the belt. ;)

Folks, don't waste your time even considering Piers Corbyn or his forecasts. He's a total nut-job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭esposito

I admit that was a little below the belt. ;)

Folks, don't waste your time even considering Piers Corbyn or his forecasts. He's a total nut-job.

I followed him for only one day on twitter after soon realising that he is indeed a nut-job not to mention a conman. He keeps RT too which also did my head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

esposito wrote: »
    I followed him for only one day on twitter after soon realising that he is indeed a nut-job not to mention a conman. He keeps RT too which also did my head in!

What is RT? Russia Today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Its short for talking s**t :pac:

I'm referring to Piers and not you esposito just in case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i think its "repeat tweet" or something

Piers Corbyn Review of Forecast and update to December

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozm2wem7BMo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Sorry, but are these guys (incl Vogan) updating their forecasts almost daily at this stage? Makes a kind of mockery of LONG RANGE forecasting!

Su Campu wrote: »
    Sorry, but are these guys (incl Vogan) updating their forecasts almost daily at this stage? Makes a kind of mockery of LONG RANGE forecasting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TZkLkAtOpNU#!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Piers claims victory on twitter, wants your money. He seems to have completely ignored the major cold for all forecast he was sticking to up until last week was bull.

Piers Corbyn (Piers_Corbyn):
    Rt thanks. People I ASK. BI SNOW! WA fcst brill! http://t.co/bPujoPnv BUT few new subs WHY? Is your computer too cold? http://t.co/q4FMtZBD

• Advertisement
Advertisement