Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow processing speeds with Android 2.2

• 09-01-2011 6:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey is anyone getting very slow response times for the Samsung Galaxy s with Android 2.2? When I first got the phone it was fine but has slowed a lot since the upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

malin182 wrote: »
    Hey is anyone getting very slow response times for the Samsung Galaxy s with Android 2.2? When I first got the phone it was fine but has slowed a lot since the upgrade.
    Have you tried a factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Adzer81

malin182 wrote: »
    very slow response times for the Samsung Galaxy s with Android 2.2? When I first got the phone it was fine but has slowed a lot since the upgrade.

Hi im experciencing the same problems since updating as well

Iv just tried a factory reset to see if this makes a difference

did you update using kies on your computer as well?

iv heard of "rooting" the device which makes it faster but im new to this as it is my first android device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If Your phone has slowed, it could be an app or widget running eating up resources. Do a factory reset and see if its fast without apps.

If that doesn't solve it, update to 2.2.1, it makes a serious difference to the phone. Not officially available yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Open up your dialler and "dial" the following code:

*#*#4636#*#*

This will open a hidden menu. Open the battery history, select "Since Last Unplugged" and "CPU Usage". This should show you what is eating your resources since you last charged your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Adzer81

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    it could be an app or widget running eating up resources. Do a factory reset and see if its fast without apps.

hiya yeah iv just done this and the phone is back to its normal speed thanks

Is there anyway of knowing which app or widget it was as Im re-adding some now or just see one by one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

I did a factory reset and was running great but its getting back to the way it was. At first I thought it was the amount of messages I had saved but unlikely. Is 2.2.1 a risk to install when its not officially available yet? And where do you get it?

Advertisement