Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nas upgrade ?

• 09-01-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

I have a 500Gb iomega nas drive, would I be able to replace the current drive and put a 2Tb drive in its place as an upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Check the "Change Notes" on the lastest firmware for the unit.
    I know alot of the devices can not access above either 1TB or 1.5TB depending on the controller chipset.
    Big Lar wrote: »
    I have a 500Gb iomega nas drive, would I be able to replace the current drive and put a 2Tb drive in its place as an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Yikes...... Bought this last night Iomega Prestige External Hard Drive - 2 TB twas on special. :o

Was hoping to swap the drives and sell on the external drive.

Nothing in any of the frimware updates about the size of the drive.

Will let you know how I get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Well it did not work, the nas drive would no recognize the 2tb drive when I installed it. However there was a usb port on the back of the nas drive where I was able to plug in the external drive and then map it.

Advertisement