Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving region on DA

• 09-01-2011 7:39pm

I'm led to believe this should not be a problem?

Myself and OH are parting ways so I intend to move back to my familiar surroundings which would be the other side of Dublin. Also I will no longer be means tested against his income so should be receiving the full amount. I am confused and cannot find a lot of info about this from Citizen's Advice. I will drop in to see them tomorrow. Forgive me asking what could be dumb questions, as you might image my head is all over the place right now. I'm just trying to sort out the practical side of things before I deal with the rest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

What you need to do is go to the the nearest social welfare office to where you are moving to and ask for you claim to be transferred... you will need proof of a address for your new address e.g. tenancy agreement/recent utility bill in your name or recent bank statement.(Bear in mind that this may take some time and your claim will be payment suspended, so you might need to go to your local community welfare officer if you require money in the meantime). You will also need to explain your new situation to them in order that they can re-assess your means.

sorry just saw your on disability allowance.... contact DA section and explain your situation to them.

Proof of new address might be hard to get, because I am going to move into a houseshare, so I wont have a lease and I imagine utility bills will already be sorted there. I will transfer my credit card bills to my new address so I imagine this will be proof. Also bank statements wont be a problem, but will have to prove that I'm no longer with the boyfriend I imagine - probably another house visit and assessment. At least I am aware of the community welfare that I know I can get emergency payments while this reassessment takes place. I'm trying to concentrate on these things little bit at a time because you may imagine I've had a total brain upheaval and I'm spinning a bit. Got a few weeks left to sort it out. Glad to know that my social welfare side of things wont be too difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

As you are on DA you don't need to go to your local office. Just write to Disability Allowance in Longford. Send them a letter stating you have moved to a new address - enclose a bill from the house with a letter from housemate stating you are living there. Make sure you put your PPS number and a telephone number on your letter.
    Also state that your circumstances have now changed and you are no longer living with your boyfriend so you want your means to be reviewed.

Advertisement