Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crew Cab Conversions

Options
  • 09-01-2011 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to get a van (Ford Transit 280 LWB, High Roof, 2.4 litre) converted to have 3 seats in the back. All I'm looking for is a basic conversion to get the seats in. Can carpet the interior ourselves. Anyone know anywhere in Ireland to get it done for a low -ish price?

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I reckon you'll get more replies in Motors. Thread Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i think OGH do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Kilbeggan vehicle conversions do it aswell. They are dear though I priced them for a job in 2007 and they were dear. Might be different now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

I assume you already own the transit? There should be plenty of crew cab panel vans around so maybe look into buying one and selling yours? If not you should talk to Kencab in Athenry, its worth the trip. When i was getting a van conversion done few years back they were a good bit cheaper than any quote i got in Dublin area. Three years on and no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 freefall

Hey guys!
    Cheers for the info. @waxon-waxoff I've tried to sell it and get one but no interest in the van. Seeing as it's a pretty good van itd be worth the conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

freefall wrote: »
    Hey guys!
    Cheers for the info. @waxon-waxoff I've tried to sell it and get one but no interest in the van. Seeing as it's a pretty good van itd be worth the conversion.

280 will get hit with VRT if converted to a Crew Cab. Not sure what it would cost as it depends what year it is. If it's old enough it might be cheap, but I'd be surprised if you can get a figure on the VRT.

You reckon? That just cause the size of the engine? Would you recommend any other type of van?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

freefall wrote: »
    You reckon? That just cause the size of the engine? Would you recommend any other type of van?

Currently you have a category C vehicle which attracts the lowest rate of VRT. At the moment that's €50 but going up to €200 in May.

There has been a change in the VRT classification of Crew Cabs from the 1st January 2011. All crew cabs (unless they are currently in stock) will now attract 13.3% VRT. It used to be that if a Crew Cab met certain guidlines to do with load length and Gross Vehicle Weight, that it would qualify for €50 VRT.

Under the old guidlines a 350LWB could be converted to a Crew Cab and still come under the €50 VRT, but now it won't make a difference.

You'll be hit at 13.3% regardless of what's converted, but 13.3% of what you'll be charged is anyone's guess.

And what if you bought an already converted crew cab? Would this still apply?

Anyone know anywhere you'd pick up a second hand crew cab? Cant find anywhere on the internet

• Advertisement
Advertisement