Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft for US embassy

• 09-01-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

who do you make the draft out to when you are paying for your visa application?

US embassy suffice?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Yes, I got a B1/B2 6 month Tourist visa last April and I got my bank draft denominated in EURO payable to "U.S. Embassy"

see here and here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

question answered already but just in case you're still nervous, i got my visa last may and the draft was made out to "U.S. Embassy" and was accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

just a bit of advice and I know it may sound stupid but make sure the teller gets the bank manager to sign both parts of the draft. We got ours last year and when we gave it in to pay it was only signed on one part so we ended up paying by credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

FYI, you can get it in either Euro or Dollars, I would opt for $$ as it rarely changes, however the exchange rate can change at any time and I've been in situations before where the € bank draft wasn't accepted because it was a few cents off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 champ1

I called them (on the €2.50 a minute line) and they confirmed that it's "U.S. Embassy" for bank drafts. Whoever I spoke with said that they'd pass on the news that this information does not appear on the website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement