Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!!!!!!!! Child care

Options
  • 09-01-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hello all,

I am having a massive disaster, so my childminder decided this evening that she can no longer mind my 8mth old (the hours no longer suit). So now im back to square one! Anyone have any ideas? I need childminder that it would suit for them to work till 8pm every third week, (the other 2wks being around 4:30 and 6om) and I have three weeks to find one! oh based in Waterford City

please help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i feel for you as a parent, what time would childminder start from in the day? if its 8 or 9 in the morning and then finish at 6 or 8 its one hell of a long day . you could post this in the waterford region and good luck in finding childminder. sure there has to be someone who would love to look after 8month old. like me but im living in galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Put a ad/post on Rollercoaser.ie and also contct your county childcare committee and give childminding ireland a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm a listed childminder in Waterford City but I've only got a part-time vacancy at the moment and wouldn't have a fulltime vacancy until end of May. I cannot see how you'd have a problem finding a childminder to mind until 8pm, I know I'm not the only one who's worked those hours when required.

I suggest contacting Susan the Childminding Advisor with the Waterford City Childcare Committee. She's very helpful.

http://www.waterfordcitychildcare.com/unlimitpages.asp?id=50

What area are you in, just for convenience and I'll ask around?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 peewee1512

@ cats.life. we wouldnt be dropping him off until 11am! I had problems finding someone initally cos of these hours and i understand that they are difficult.

@ deisemum. I had problems finding one initally (5mths to be exact, lol). I'll give Susan a call and see what she thinks :). Im on the Dunmore Road side!

Thanks everyone, mucho appricated!

Advertisement