Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool's Ryan Babel faces FA probe for Twitter blast at Howard Webb

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

tommyhaas wrote: »
    The PFA defending Babel, criticising FA response

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9352443.stm

Quite rightly so. The entire episode is so ludicrous it should only be treated as a joke, unless of course there is substance to the implication, in which case the probe should not be into Babel. Does anyone know, did Webb make any kind of complaint personally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

What the fcuk are they going to give him ???...A two week Twitter Ban ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

mixednuts wrote: »
    What the fcuk are they going to give him ???...A two week Twitter Ban ?

I'd hazard a guess at a one game ban and a 10k fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gordon Taylor should know better than to defend a lack of professionalism like that.

There are rules regarding criticising referees and there is good reason for those rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

eagle eye wrote: »
    Gordon Taylor should know better than to defend a lack of professionalism like that.

There are rules regarding criticising referees and there is good reason for those rules.

The FA should know better than to focus on a joke made in the heat of a moment when a spitting "sewer rat" like your El Hadj Diouf is abusing some unfortunate lad with a double leg break and getting away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

In fairness though, if a Liverpool player found a cure for cancer you'd still criticise him for putting doctors out of a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

the thing that gets me is its Ryan Babel.... RYAN BABEL. The kid was having heart failure when he first came to Liverpool cause he couldnt find a church!

He's barely 24, seems to hardly ever go out. I dont think he drinks (feel free to correct me). Loves his hip hop and his Jesus. He spends most of his time, from what i gather, on the internet or playing his play station. I saw that image so many times on the internet that day and had a laugh at it... A lot of people did. He got involved and gets himself into a world of hurt. I actually feel sorry for him we were all having a bit of craic out of that image but he cant? Shame.

And fair play for Graham Taylor for sticking up for him. There's a lot worse than Ryan Babel out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He's just doing his job, trying to minimise the fall out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

tommyhaas wrote: »
    In fairness though, if a Liverpool player found a cure for cancer you'd still criticise him for putting doctors out of a job
    Fantastic joke sir.

I tip my hat to you.

Advertisement