Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike + Sensor Battery Running Low

Options
  • 09-01-2011 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

I've had this message appear every time I go to start a run since September. i run about 25 miles a week over about 200 minutes which means I've ran about 400 miles since I started getting warned. How long more will I get do you reckon before I have to change the sensor?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Accordingly to the Nike website its rated for "Battery life of approximately 1,000 hours"

I've had one since March 2010 and clocked up about 84hours and 821km with no warning messages. New Nike+ sensor will set you back 15e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Cabaal wrote: »
    Accordingly to the Nike website its rated for "Battery life of approximately 1,000 hours"

I've had one since March 2010 and clocked up about 84hours and 821km with no warning messages. New Nike+ sensor will set you back 15e

Yeah, I know they're fairly cheap to pick up I'm just curious as to when it's finally going to go.

I'm on my first one and have got 314 hours and over 4000km clocked up on it so it's probably on it's last legs but surely the warning isn't necessary 400 miles and 4 months before it goes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭clubcard

If you wear them in your shoe even when not using you wear down the life span.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I clicked into the Nike+ app on my Ipod to show someone how it worked when I was miles away from my runners that have the sensor and the warning message still came up. So it looks like it's actually a message pre-programmed to come up after a certain amount of time/distance as opposed to the app actually receiving notice from the sensor that it getting close to dying.

Advertisement