Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test

Options
  • 09-01-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Just got word that i have my driving test in early feb. Im a student down here so i dont know the place that well so im hoping to do a few lessons before it. Who is good or value for money? Or if anyone has any tips or help id greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i used Peter Coogan for lessons. His daughter Audrey coogan also has a driving school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

David Ryan is good aswell. The girlfriend and I both got a few lessons from him and we both passed without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 philkelly32

do you know which centre your doin test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Why is their a 2nd 1 ? the only 1 im aware of in Carlow is the 1 in Graiguecullen beside Frazer petrol station!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 philkelly32

there is one beside maxol on o'brien road. dont know what routes could be for graigue though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

There was a centre in the same building as the nct centre that's closed now was only there to clear up the backlog of driving tests. All tests are now done in graigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

i used Peter Coogan for lessons. His daughter Audrey coogan also has a driving school.

used peter as well, passed first time - sound bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

flamegrill wrote: »
    David Ryan is good aswell. The girlfriend and I both got a few lessons from him and we both passed without issue.

i had a few lesson before with David Ryan... he thought me bad habits and he smokes in the car too.... also his car smells of feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭hadepsx

lol nott, i used rod williams, williams driving school, got 8 lessons max and passed 1st time, he was very good but it comes down to the individual

My woman wants to apply for her test & do 8 or 10 Lessons but doesn't have the money at the moment, I think the RSA have put the price up from €75 to €85 too :( . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

+1 for Peter Coogan he is very good and knows the routes used by the testers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

SIX PACK wrote: »
    My woman wants to apply for her test & do 8 or 10 Lessons but doesn't have the money at the moment, I think the RSA have put the price up from €75 to €85 too :( . . .

Driving test fee is still €75.

THE COST of a driving test and a driver theory test is to rise early in the new year, Minister for Transport Noel Dempsey said.
    An application to increase the fees, from €75 to €85 for a driving test and €35.60 to €40.60 for the theory exam, has been made by the Road Safety Authority (RSA) to the Minister.

It will be the second increase in the cost of a driving test in less than two years.

The rise is being sought to offset a cut of €5.5 million in the RSA’s funding that was announced in the Budget.

While Mr Dempsey is due to approve the fee increase, he has also asked the RSA to consider increasing fees for other services it provides, such as commercial vehicle licence testing and the NCT.

“The fee increase will have to cover the €5.5 million shortfall in [RSA] funding. I have sent a query asking why they are not considering some of the other areas for a fee increase to spread it more evenly.”

The Minister said the increases were part of a policy – outlined in the Government’s four-year plan – to reduce the reliance of State agencies on exchequer funding

Advertisement