Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai in Greystones - Effective?

Options
  • 09-01-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Decided against posting further on this topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

yes I've found them effective

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

I have found them not to be unless they have a speed gun in their hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Always fast to respond to a Charlesland call. And they seem to be effective in harassing those who should be harassed who live in our town. I would put them at 9/10 as opposed to Bray 4/10/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Gardai knocked on your door then pebbles ey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

I've always found them to be a good reasonable bunch. Gave me plenty of advice, tickings off as a kid rather than the punishments I probably deserved. Just wonder has the volume of Gards in Greystones increased in line with the large increase in population over the last 20 years or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I think there are approx. 27 now serving Greystones.

That's a very definitive approximation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Have found them very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Decided against posting further on this topic

Whats the point in starting a thread if your going to remove your original post? :confused:

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Whats the point in starting a thread if your going to remove your original post? :confused:

I reckon he got a knock on the door!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Mod, please lock or delete this thread.

Blandpebbles i suggest you don't start threads if you are not going to follow through with your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Damo, I posted twice on my reasoning for this thread but decided to delete based on my concerns.

You should be able to see the posts I deleted and have a view of my concerns based on this.

I also attempted to delete the first post on this thread but was unable to.

I don't think its unreasonable for someone to have second thoughts about posting something and wish to delete.

Fair enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement