Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and away tour

Options
  • 09-01-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi. I am going to Sydney shortly and would like to visit palm beach and go to the home and away set. Can anybody recommend a tour company. I see there are public buses to palm beach- if we take this bus can we still visit the surf club and take the tour. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

You can get public transport (L90 bus) out to the beach, its about 90 mins from the city.

It's a lovely beach but there's isn't much there just the swimming pool and a small kiosk where the diner is. There is a surf club but its the real one!

Check this link out for more info

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What is a "home and away set"? I am assuming it's the name of a Surf Break or a special set of waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

CabanSail wrote: »
    What is a "home and away set"? I am assuming it's the name of a Surf Break or a special set of waves.

It's the set of a famous TV show filmed in Palm Beach

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

That was a great link- exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Mr Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭smellyanus

Hi Sabrina. There is also a good thread opened last week on trip advisor about the same subject where lots of people have posted links.
    You should check it out innit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 ned 81

Hi ye its bout an hour and a hlf north of the city. you could just rent a car for the day then you can come and go on your own terms. the beech is really nice up there, not much else though kiosk, and surf stand, thats it really, but if your a home and away fan you still need to go..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I drove up from Bondi junction last July out over the Harbour bridge and up to Palm Beach and Avalon. It is a really nice beach and is actually a peninsula, we saw the Surf Club, the Beach and at the back there is stony beach where "the bait shop" is located. A lovely spot but all the indoor filming is done in Sydney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Stinicker wrote: »
    A lovely spot but all the indoor filming is done in Sydney.

Yeah thats right, most of the filming is done in the Sydney.. Just reminded me neighbors tour in Melbs was fairly cheesy and a good laugh. The missus wanted to go so. Jumped on the bus and the tour guide who knew *EVERYTHING* about neighbours was from the falls road in Belfast, was strange :D

Advertisement