Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Up grade problems

• 09-01-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Vista Up grade problems :

Hi folks i'm trying to upgrade from SP1 to SP2 on one of my laptops. Auto update informs me of the up date but fails. So I downloaded SP2 manually and tried to in stall with the same result.

I then downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool and ran which also failed
    showing - Error: 0x800f081f - The source for the package or file not found.

Anyone know what this means or how to resolve this?

Thx Dj.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Can you tell us how exactly does the Service Pack 2 installer fail? Do you get an error message or code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Thanks, ok the SP2 download bar goes to around 80% then a new window opens with,
    "A system error prevented the service pack from installing". The window does not give me any error codes. I only get an error code when I run the System Update Readiness Tool. I did a full virus scan with Windows Defender this morning, its giving the all clear. It is also up to date.

Thx D

Thanks, ok the SP2 download bar goes to around 80% then a new window opens with,
    "A system error prevented the service pack from installing". The window does not give me any error codes.

Does the (Details) link on the "Installation was not successful" window not give any more information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭GarRo247

scan with an antivius, and antispyware program, windows defender is only anti malware and will find less than 10% of threats

Yes sorry Odaise Gaelach here it is - Error: 0x800f081f - The source for the package or file not found.

• Advertisement

GarRo247 wrote: »
    scan with an antivius, and antispyware program, windows defender is only anti malware and will find less than 10% of threats

Yes its all clear with MSE which is up dated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭GarRo247

Yes its all clear with MSE which is up dated.

mse is fairly decent so i doubt its a viral problem, id just reinstall it lol

The System Update Readiness Tool keeps these logs:

%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

(Windows should resolve the %SYSTEMROOT% path itself; if not, it's typically C:\Windows).

Check through these logs to see if they list any errors or warnings. Might give a clue as to what's going on. :)

Ok got it sorted their was a conflict with MSE so uninstalled it and then ran the System Update Readiness Tool then installed sp2. Reinstalled MSE updated all and all is well.

Thx folks.

Advertisement