Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ABS Pump Passat- Parts required, help please!

• 09-01-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some help if possible.....

I have 05 (old shape) 1.9tdi (130bhp) Passat and am having problems with the ABS pump. Apparently the pump itself is fine but there is a little sensor (kinda similar looking to a spark plug) sticking out the side of the pump, towards the top which is not working correctly.

It is nothing to do with the wheel sensors coming out of the top of the pump but is a little screw-in sensor that apparently controls the whole system. Some pumps have them internally but this one is external.

Can anyone tell me the name for this part? Have rang a couple of dismantlers but am having trouble describing over the phone exactly what i want.
    Also, does anyone know where i might find one? Can one be got as a stand-alone part or do i have to buy the whole pump?

Many thanks for your help and apologies if post seems vague!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

Have you had this diagnosed? and do you have a fault code?
    Pressure sensor is what I imagine you're describing.
    BTW no breaker is going to sell you this separate from the unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Does it look like no. 8 here?
    4kgx9x.jpg

Great to see a main dealers running ETKA at this hour of the night!! :D

crosshair1 wrote: »
    Great to see a main dealers running ETKA at this hour of the night!! :D

Dont ya know VW dealers are very helpful... not!

I just happened to find that diagram on the net! I wouldnt have such a system at all! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Hi all,

Thanks a million for replies.

@ crosshair1; Yes, i have had it diagnosed, local independant mechanic stuck the laptop on there & thats what it came back with. I didn't get a fault code off him, could easily do so though, he just told me it was called an "ABS Pump Sensor" and that pump was fine but sensor faulty. He also seemed to think it wouldn't be possible to source same on its own. He suggested a dismantlers saying i might just get lucky! It would certainly be much cheaper than replcement pump.

@ mickdw : That certainly looks like it Mick (#8 in the diagram), Any further info would be greatly appreciated. And if you happen to have a bag of them sitting around then i'd be more than happy to take one off your hands!
    Thanks again guys

• Advertisement

Wont be any harm posting the fault code, looks like it is available separately 200eu..ish.
    It may be worth having your mechanic test it first before replacement.

Its called a thrust sensor on the parts system. I think its somewhere between 150 & 200 at a dealer. There is one on Ebay for 69 sterling but you would need to verify the part number of yours to be sure its the correct one. You could get the number off yours or dealer would pick it straight off. Alternatively, I could possibly pick out the correct one (there may be only one too) but would need engine codes & PR numbers to be sure.

Edit: There only seems to be the one. If im right its on cars with stability program & should have 1AT listed in the option codes. It seems the other models have a different pump completely.

Part number:8E0 907 597 - You could double check this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Thanks to all for the replies, really appreciate the advice.

Managed to pick up one from dismantlers in the north for €30. Stuck it in and all working perfectly i'm delighted to say!

Once again, many thanks to all for your help.

Result!

Advertisement