Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you apply for DARE before or with the CAO?

• 09-01-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I plan to send off my CAO form this week.

Problem is I haven't been able to download the DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) programme yet, so I don't know if I will get the extra points for courses I applied to.

I would like to have DARE sorted out by the end of the week because I want to do it in school. My computer at home hasn't got the right programme.

Also do the two go together or separately.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭cairdre

HI

You can only submit you DARE application online, it is the follow-on information that is sent direct to the CAO. Go to www.accesscollege.ie for more info. If you are still unsure phone the CAO or the Disabilty officer in the institution you want to go to. There is advice clinics nationally on completing the DARE application, have a look at the above website, sounds like you may need to attend.

Good luck with your application

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

With DARE there is 3 types of information you have to fill out the First part which you do yourself or with your teacher. NOTE: DON'T FORGET TO TICK THE BOX, WHERE IT SAYS DO YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR DARE. THAT IS TOO IMPORTANT, YOU DON'T TICK IT YOU WONT HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING CONSIDERED FOR DARE. Then the Second form the school fills out and the Third form an Occupational Theripist or Consultant fills out. You then send them off to CAO in Galway. I sent mine by registered post because it was essential that that infomation got to Galway safely and in good time.

The amount of points you get off the course varies from institution to institution. I got 45 points off my course.

Advertisement