Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushroom Sauce

Options
  • 09-01-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a recipe for a nice mushroom sauce to have with steak? Sick of just having gravey and there are alot of different recipes when I search for one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

cook your steak, remove steak from pan, pop in sliced mushroom and a bit of black pepper and salt cook sprinkle with a bit of cornflour and cook for another 30 seconds until flour is covering the mushrooms, then pop in some cream and a knob of butter, i love this sauce.
    then again you can leave out mushrooms and just put some peppercorns in pan along with cornflour then add a tablespoon of brandy stir in some cream and a small knob of butter stir the lot should have a nice creamy sauce this is the sauce au poivre, beautiful, takes a minuit so you can plate the steak while you are making the sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Here are a few I use
    1. Pepper steak & creamy mushroom sauce linkhttp://www.taste.com.au/recipes/14563/peppered+steak+with+creamy+mushroom+sauce
    2. Chargrilled steak with mushroom sauce (red wine) - link
    3. Parsley & mushroom sauce - link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Classic mushroom sauce (cornflour!?!?! Head needs read...leave the cornflour right out!!)

Deglace the pan with a tadette drop of brandy, lash in some button mushrooms..but remember in order to make a suce 'mushroomy' you have to use a good pile of shrooms because they are just a pile of H2o!! Sweat them way down. Add cream and reduce way down until it hits your prefered sauce consistency. Now here's the groovy bit...lash in some soaked porcini's...not tooooo many as these suckers are strong.....and finally to punch a real hole in it add a nubette of chicken boullion straight in!

So - brandy, Shroomy, meaty and deep.

Cornflour......WTF!

Slam

Advertisement