Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avonmore getaway breaks?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, I wanted to no if anyone has saved up milk barcodes and sent away to Win1Win for a voucher for two people for two nights and an evening meal one night with two breakfasts for €49pps and only to be told by Win1Win that they didnt recieve your post. Well im one and no of 5 or 6 other applications who this has happened to, if anyone has had an experience or no anyone with an experience with the same promotional company please post.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sanmar

hi there, yes i and 3 friends have saved up those tokens, and posted them in early december. I have contacted the help line on 3 occassions to be told they have no record of my or my friends appliction. Not happy:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eviemae

I sent in the tokens back in Sept/Oct i have contact them a few times to be told they have no record either! I mean they could not have lost that many of them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dee18

Hi there, I sent in my tokens in early December and was also told that they were not received. Definitely not a coincidence that so many were not received..very annoyed as I would not have bought avonmore milk otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Robjas

Hi There,
    I just rang the helpline - 1850 354555 and they are blaming An Post for losing the Mail and are not taking any responsibility. They recommended that I ring An Post, but that will get me nowhere,
    He also said that An Post claimed they delivered all the mail but a few weeks later An Post "found" a few more Applications.
    Avonmore said they will honour any applications that get delivered if the Postmark on the envelope is dated before the Closing date of the End Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

Hi all,

I sent off my bar codes back in November, and recieved my voucher back after about 2 weeks. I stayed in the Hilton in Kilmainham last weekend.

I was fairly happy concidering it cost me next to nothing!:p

My parents were doing the same , if they have any problems I'll post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 william long

Hi There,

We also sent away the tokens in Nov and sent a second set in Dec only to get the same reply, not good enough, I said the same thing no way are they all lost in the post. I e-mailed Gemma in win win, got no satisfaction and so i e-mailed Glanbia who are the promoters. Got a reply after e-mailing twice. She could not do anything as win win said they did not have my applcations but as a goodwill token she sent my 1 voucher for select hotels of Ireland two b&b for 49 each, not the same thing as no evening meal, voucher is valid 13/05/11. does not make up for sending two lots of vouchers as Avonmore milk is more expensive than own brand and we had postage etc but it was the best i got if it of any help to anyone else. I also sent away an enquiry form from an post for missing, damaged or delayed items and have received a reply form an post saying they are investigating it. Hopefully if more people will send away they might do something about it.
    Good Luck, will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 28 buddygit

Sent off my barcodes in Sept. Had two nights in Croke Park hotel. Then there was a new scheme launched by Avonmore - closing date December 18th. So sent off 4 different sets to Win1Win between October and December after the first two - rang - no help. Told me to contact an post. An Post informed me that they were delivered to the p.o. box and it was up to the client ie win1win to collect them. He also told me he was one of 30 people working in that section and they had all received complaints. Then rang Avonmore and they promised to check this out - All this at the start of December - sent the last lot off and had a reply from Avonmore - Samantha - promising me my vouchers prior to Christmas. Left the whole lot go due to weather and was contacted on Monday last by Emma in Glanbia who said she would send me out similar but not the same vouchers ie they would not contain an evening meal... Got the vouchers this am for Select Hotels. 23 hotels nationwide. As I wanted to go to Dublin the only hotel in Dublin is the Marine in Dun Laoire so as I don't drive it is of no use to me.
    All this was done in good faith and I feel that the "fob off" of inferior product is not good enough for a company the size of Glanbia. I urge you all to contact Glanbia direct phone number 014881000 Emma Howard, Customer Service Rep.
    Good luck to all

Hi All,
    in reading the previous posts, it looks like those people who posted early were honoured. I'm just wondering was this promotion over subscribed and this is the only way out for the promoters

• Registered Users Posts: 28 buddygit

Robjas wrote: »
    Hi All,
    in reading the previous posts, it looks like those people who posted early were honoured. I'm just wondering was this promotion over subscribed and this is the only way out for the promoters

Just to let you know Robjas - there was one promotion ending in October and then they launched a second one ending on 18 December. so if they were over subscribed why did they launch a second one?

Hi all,

The plot thickens, after 2 sets going missing, my sons and I thought we would make sure our last sets would be delivered and we registered the envelope containing our three applications on 21/12. just heard back from Gemma in win win to say not received, tracking said delivered on 22/12 and signed for. I rang an post, got on to a very nice helpful girl, told her my story, she went and spoke to the postman.
    Anyway the story is that box no. did not want that mail any more and so the mail was being redirected to another address and being delivered by the postman. The postman actually remembers going to the address with the registered envelopes but there was no one to sign for them. He put the note to collect in the door but no one ever came to collect them and so they were returned to sender.Now that still does not sort my registered letter but watch this space!...
    Hope this is of help to you all.

• Advertisement

Hi Buddygit, after reading William Long's mail do you think that there is nothing going on?

hi all ,

To update you, all our vouchers have arrived after a long battle with glanbia. We had them over a barrel with the registered post, one of the three apps posted in the reg letter arrived, no sign of other two. we had a case. They have given in to us and posted all of ours, reg and unreg.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Apol123

Hi all, the same thing happened to me.... I sent off 2 lots and both got lost according to the person I spoke to in WIN 1 WIN. So I called GLanbia and spoke to a very helpful girl called Samantha who promised to check it out. She said she would clarify with this other crowd (who by the way I found most unhelpful). She called me back 2 days later and informed me that they had not got me on their system and she gave me the other vouchers with Select hotel group..... Now in saying that, Im not one bit happy that my post did not arrive as GLanbia are well aware of, but at the same time i was grateful that I got something as I work in marketing and I do know that with a promotion like this if post is missing then generally you get told the basically go away and retry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ryehill

shane023 wrote: »
    Hi all, I wanted to no if anyone has saved up milk barcodes and sent away to Win1Win for a voucher for two people for two nights and an evening meal one night with two breakfasts for €49pps and only to be told by Win1Win that they didnt recieve your post. Well im one and no of 5 or 6 other applications who this has happened to, if anyone has had an experience or no anyone with an experience with the same promotional company please post.

Thanks
    I am sick of this scandal. My first lot of Glanbia tokens ended up missing, or Glanbia said they didn't get them anyway. I also got the voucher for two night's B and B. They also state on their promotion that if you're taking a midweek break you can avail of the third night B and B at no extra cost. There is no hotel in the list that will agree with this.
    What a devious way to do business.
    Should we contact Joe Duffy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Apol123

Can I just say, I think some of the comments on here are a bit harsh....... Like I mentioned I work in marketing for a company and when we run promotions like this the same T&C's are in effect like what have been explained to me by glanbia with stuff gettin lost in the post etc etc etc.......... I dont think for a minute that its a scam as I had friends and family who collected the tokens and all got their vouchers so I do feel that I was just unfortunate. Yeah I agree that it seems a bit dodgy as there seem to be a good few people in the same boat as us but at the end of the day this company (Glanbia I mean) are huge so why would they do something like that i.e. run a scam... I just think some people are just being a bit harsh in what they are sayin and its about time you moved on.......... Sorry if I have annoyed anyone but its just how I feel...........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved to Consumer Issues from Newbies & FAQ with permanent redirect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 des1ina

I got caught with this too. Glad to hear I wasnt the only one. Would put you off doing promotions with this crowd again. What the point?
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

seems like alot of first-time posters in this thread
    more than just coincidence?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you google "avonmore scam" this thread is the first result that pops up.

I see why you'd find it fishy though, best course of action is to report your suspicion to the consumer issues mods for them to look into, if something's up they/or admins will spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have an issue with a thread, then please use the Report Post functionality. Please do not add to the thread with noise.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement