Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco, returns policy?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently purchased steak in Tesco Merrion. After bringing it home, I discovered the meat was gone off (although it was still within date).

I decided to return it to Tesco, the closest of which happened to be Tesco Rathmines. Anyway the guy that served me was really aggressive, saying that he had no obligation to refund / exchange the product as it had been purchased in another store.

I queried this with him, and after a confrontation lasting about 2 minutes, the guy finally refunded the product. He still maintained that he was doing this as a goodwill gesture, as opposed to a service. (because I wasn't returning it to the correct store.)

So my question is:
    1. Is it Tesco's policy to only exchange / refund goods in the original store?

2. What is their policy on confrontational / aggressive attitudes when a customer asks for a return for a damaged product?

I searched their Tesco.ie site, but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'd assume their reasons for returning it to the store you bought it in would be either of the following "why was there gone off meat on the shelf?" and "why was it gone off before the best before date?" and both of these would be a lot easier to deal with in the store it was bought in.

If you are unhappy with your treatment, report it to the head office and it will be dealt with appropriately.

Advertisement