Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conch piercings!

Options
  • 10-01-2011 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

hey guys! Just a question about conch piercings!had it in my head to get an inner conch done but ive now thought of gettin an inner and outer conch done the same day and get a ring in!i dunno if this would even work haven't had time to go see my piercer yet!any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you want to get 2 piercings done in the same day you won't be able to put a ring through both straight off as the piercer will most likely need to compensate for the swelling and healing.

They take a while to heal at standard sizes, and even longer when dermal punched.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

how long do you reckon it would take to heal enough that i could put a ring through?thanks for the reply! I have beong looking at pics of this piercings and now realise its called an orbital conch piercing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

at a guess maybe 8 months? Honestly I've no idea, just going on my own experience with conch piercing

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Talula_d wrote: »
    how long do you reckon it would take to heal enough that i could put a ring through?thanks for the reply! I have beong looking at pics of this piercings and now realise its called an orbital conch piercing!

Healing times will depend on how big a hole you put into your conch to start with. If you pierce 2x 1.6mm hole's, and get your piercer to measure and locate them EXACTLY, then you could put a ring in after 6-8 weeks. If however you go bigger or they're not located correctly (think of a scaffold and how precise the location of the piercings have to be for that) then it could be an awful lot longer before you get your "orbital".

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

well im very happywith the piercer i have now..she has done all my piercings so maybe i'l be lucky enough to get a ring in it after a few weeks!thanks guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement