Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Nursing?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 1:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭

Out of curiosity are there many male veterinary nurses about, for example; out of the 44 places each year what % of that number would be male or is predominantly female dominated??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

veterinary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

veterinary
    Helpful :rolleyes:

OP, no the % is very low in each year. Possibly only 1 per new class year if at all.But dont let that put you off. Veterinary medicine itself used to be a male orientated course, now its predominantly female. Someone has to change the balance and go for it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

veterinary
    Sid_Justice infracted. OP, I've fixed the errors in your post to fend off any other would be comedians.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 acbs

the number of male applicants to veterinary nursing courses is increasing each year! go for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Do it! Yes, men are the minority (and you might very well be the only guy in the class) but it's an interesting course and the jobs you can get after graduation are decent, and in my experience, not dull. I'm not sure what the degree course is like, but the diploma was good and UCD have the best facilities/staff of all the nursing programmes out there (in my humble opinion :rolleyes:) so it would be my recommendation if being a VN is what you want to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

currently in 3rd year of the degree programme at UCD, 3 males in my class. We need to transform the profession so go for it!. And if Sid is studying veterinary medicine, god help him when he gets out in the workplace cos it will be nurses that will be showing him how to do everything.

Advertisement