Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What clubs/societies are you around?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Pretty amazed to see that nothing showed up in searches about clubs. Just wondering what people are involved in - or is it all just books and booze!?

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I joined medsoc because it doesn't entail getting hurt or me getting my face wet (weird phobia, i know :-P ) but all their stuff collided with labs or lectures. Damn med students haha

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

was much better for getting involved in societies in first year, but only in DebU now..

But DebU are awesome! plug plug plug.....

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Nothing showed up?
    Well there's a big selection of Clubs & Socs - http://www.registercs.ul.ie/ (click show list link).

Was involved in Archery, Gaming, Computers and Anime for the past two years, but have been on co-op this semester. Not sure what I'll do when I return in January, certainly won't be on as many committees.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

Didn't get anything on the boards.ie search (I know google will throw up a LOT)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

Maybe we should have a Clubs and Socs sticky for the UL page.. no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Cumann Gaelach.

The UL Irish Language Soc, Its only new this year but we are working hard to promote the language in UL, Classes are available for 25 euro(This is half price on normal)
    We will also be holding a week of events on the Run up to Paddy's day for Seachtain na Gaeilge.

See our thread Anseo for more info about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Didn't get anything on the boards.ie search (I know google will throw up a LOT)
    Yeah, I understood, thought there had been some topics, but my memory may be failing me/mis-construing what the topics were about.

Anything in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Want to join the history soc. I meant to do it during the last semester but never got round to it, must do in the new semester, may join the gaeilge soc too. I've always had an ambition to speak fluent irish, but secondary school knocked the enthusiasm out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

part of the rugby club since i start...love it there
    was going to join softball last year but i clashed with tutorials./.plus i cant throw a ball for sh1t

mulner92 wrote: »
    Want to join the history soc. I meant to do it during the last semester but never got round to it, must do in the new semester, may join the gaeilge soc too. I've always had an ambition to speak fluent irish, but secondary school knocked the enthusiasm out of me.

Dont blame the language, blame the Dept of Education:)
    I promise we wont make you read Peig and you wont have to contemplate the themes of even one poem you don't want to.
    Trips to the Gaelthacht, Sessions and Chatin up the Opposite Sex As Gaeilge however is all part of the fun.

• Advertisement

Where is EG010?

mulner92 wrote: »
    Where is EG010?

Main Building, Just go in the sky slopes and turn left.

Thanks.

Advertisement