Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good battery at reasonable price?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I need a battery for my camper - Ford Transit diesel - Cork area.
    Last time I got one was in Halfords and was surprised at how reasonable they were (especially with the extra 15% off if you have AXA insurance - often they don't even bother to check for proof) - but right now the prices all seem to be €120-ish, even for Halford own-brand - that's almost twice what they were last time.
    Maybe I'll have to wait until Halfords get round to some special offers - but with the cold weather the camper has been reluctant to start unless charged overnight - and if you park a camper on a hill in case of flat batteries, you have to sleep at an angle......!

Any suggestions? I'd pay a little extra for a reliable make.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Try ringing around a number of your local tyre suppliers and motor factors, you will do better than Halfords prices.

BTW get the battery type off your current one (normally written on top somewhere e.g. Type 096) to make the phoning around easier.

Advertisement