Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thinking hard of getting a Samsung LE40C750

• 10-01-2011 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

They are going for €1129 in Argos, €443 off. 40 inches, 1080p and it has 3D.

Does anyone have any views? It has 4.5 stars with a lot of reviews on amazon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylabaloo

I've actually recently bought this TV and got a good deal on it at 980 euros. To answer your question it really depends what you want to do on it, I mainly use it for gaming and was fairly impressed although one game I played there was noticable vertical sync (jittering and half the screen picture refreshing to slow) Although when turned down to 720 it was less noticable. Keep in mind this was only with one game.

Unforunately I haven't been able to test out the 3D as the TV does not come with the active 3D shutter glasses (That cost about 230 for two pairs on amazon) required but i've heard its quite good for the low end price. I have also yet to try a blu-ray movie although i'll be getting a player soon and tell you how it goes.

The TV also has 4 usb ports which I have found very useful for watching downloaded movies, photos and music (There is also a way to format the usb to record live tv which I haven't been able to figure out yet). It also has a VGA port meaning you could plug a Desktop computer in and use it as a Comuputer Monitor which is nice.

Another feature the TV has is access to ''Internet@Tv'' which is basically some web apps built into the TV which require internet connection via an ethernet cable, it was fun using youtube on the TV through this but its more of a novelty and the selection of apps is pretty barron.

Overall i've been really happy with my purchase and I suggest trying to bargain down the price in the shop mine was originally 1259 euros, if your planning on buying. Its also pretty much the cheapest way to get into 3D if thats what your looking for.

Hope this helps.

Heres a link with more in-depth information about the proformance of the TV: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-le40c750-le46c750-20100709761.htm

Advertisement