Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cravings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Nah, it does look gross. Not the final product, but the minced chicken. I don't know why it strikes me as gross, but I just can't imagine the lil squidgy pink chicken breast getting all minced up, it wouldn't be like beef mince... it'd be like, flippidy flobbidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I had spiced chicken mince in taco's once. Best taco's ever.

Shredded chicken, now there's a chicken I can contemplate! Nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

reallyrose wrote: »
    Noes.
    A slow cooker(Yeah, i'm lazy)

Definitely want one of them. Sooooo handy for like meat and soups and thingys. Also very very yummy.
    It's a tiny one, 1.5 lt. I got in in Argos on sale.

Anything I get in Argos always breaks/is crap. Never have luck with that place!! :mad:

I read that as cooking foreigners........ :eek::pac:

Just completed another List- "If you won big on the Lotto!" It's the most fun list eveeeeeer :D

131 people to sort out before I even got to me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I'm making chicken chilli tomorrow. :D (If I can find chicken mince. D:)

Aldi - 400g of Turkey Breast Mince, €3.59.

Might do as a substitute?

I was in a butchers today, and spotted some Ham Shanks. I can recall my Father liking these, but I've no idea how to cook them. The butcher said that these go good very well with our Polish friends. Unfortunately, the only Polish folks I'm acquainted with now live in Foxford.

Hail Google .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

mrmac wrote: »
    Aldi - 400g of Turkey Breast Mince, €3.59.

Might do as a substitute?

I was in a butchers today, and spotted some Ham Shanks. I can recall my Father liking these, but I've no idea how to cook them. The butcher said that these go good very well with our Polish friends. Unfortunately, the only Polish folks I'm acquainted with now live in Foxford.

Hail Google .....

Mebbe. I can't find any kind of white mince. I'll go to the butchers tomorrow I thinks. I need to get a Lump O Pork anyway. So I can pull
    it.

My mother used to make roasted ham shank with honey and garlic and it was really nice.

ToniTuddle wrote: »

131 people to sort out before I even got to me :eek:

Awww that's super nice!
    Mebbe. I can't find any kind of white mince. I'll go to the butchers tomorrow I thinks. I need to get a Lump O Pork anyway. So I can pull
    it.

I don't want to ruin my argument, but I do want to be helpful.... the pictures in your recipe look like minced COOKED chicken, so, um buy cooked chicken, strip it, insert into food processor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Fewcifur wrote: »
    .. the pictures in your recipe look like minced COOKED chicken, ...

Indeed, the recipe contains both a store bought chicken, and raw chicken mince. Adds to the texture, apparently.

Advertisement