Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Break Inn

• 10-01-2011 4:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

You wake up in your apartment and realize someone has broken in and is in the next room. You have several items in your room that can be used in self defense, a kitchen knife, a baseball bat ect
    What do you do. Confront him? With or Without weapons? Hide in your room? Try escape unnoticed and call the law?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe it's a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Definitely wouldn't make a thread about it on Boards, anyway. Are you okay fella?

Ah, laptop's probably gone now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Maybe it's a woman.
    It was in fact a woman until I edited it to a man because I foresaw a few things :D:D

It's a man, he's a beast, not the usual junkie who pisses himself when breaking in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd calmly consult this thread on after hours and assess the posts before bludgeoning him with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

How much is a room in this Break Inn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Hooked

Tallon wrote: »
    How much is a room in this Break Inn?

It varies! Some nights they try to rob you blind!

I'm going to try get some kip I think. It's about 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

7 iron by the door, bat in the bed room and something not totally legal stashed upstairs.

I'm going to sleep now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You said that 45 minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Its moments like that When I'm glad I keep a Chainsaw Handy ;)

but worst case scenario, "Mr Stabby" to the side of the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

lava lamp to the temple ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

He'd get the full force of my hurley to his shoulder/back area. I keep it beside my bed. A person's home is sacrosanct and anyone who attempts to illegally gain entry should be severely punished. Fcuk this 'appropriate force' rule. There's only one language criminals understand and it should be applied at all times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Might be helpful if one of the Legal eagles clarified this, but
    AFAIK
    different rules apply dependin on the Time of the breakin and Whether its Upstairs or downstairs,

I.e yer watchin the Telly at 7PM with the family and someone sneaks in the Kitchen window you may confront and corner them but you are expected to wait til the Gardai arive to deal with them unless they 'Physically' threaten you or a family member, this means there has to be clear danger from the intruder or you are in the wrong.

If you wake up at 2AM and find someone standing in your Bedroom, All bets are OFF, it is reasonable to conclude that your life is in very real danger, you can still however only use REASONABLE Force to DEFEND yourself

orsomesuch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

shoot him in the chest, then fire a warning shot of course
    (I wouldn't shoot a woman in the chest cos the bewbs rule)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I've a 4cell Maglite in my room, one whack of that t the head an anyone is gonna drop, and then I have a light to step around the pool of blood of course, :D

Advertisement