Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jukebox in café in Dublin?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 5:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm looking for a nice café or milk bar in south Dublin city (not Eddie Rockets) that has a jukebox and a generally chilled atmosphere? Somewhere to go to hang out for ages chatting, drinking tea, eating delicious cake, and not to feel rushed :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't know of any cafes that have a jukebox but you can sit for ages in places like Cafe Ire in Temple Bar or Simon's Place in the George's Street Arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Aha,this could explain why I can never get a seat in Simon's place,damn sit arounders.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Just spotted recently that Tower Records off Grafton Street have now a cafe upstairs. It's part of the shop so while there isn't a jukebox there is music playing. I haven't tried the food yet but what I saw behind the counter looks very good in a homemade tasty way!

Might be worth trying out. It's big enough so I imagine you wouldn't get rushed From your table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

dubtom wrote: »
    Aha,this could explain why I can never get a seat in Simon's place,damn sit arounders.:(

Don't forget there's a basement there too.
    Twenty10 wrote: »
    Just spotted recently that Tower Records off Grafton Street have now a cafe upstairs. It's part of the shop so while there isn't a jukebox there is music playing. I haven't tried the food yet but what I saw behind the counter looks very good in a homemade tasty way!

Might be worth trying out. It's big enough so I imagine you wouldn't get rushed From your table.

Tower Cafe does decent coffee and the cake is pretty noice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

And Whelans has a jukebox, dunno about cake but you can get a cup of tea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What's a milk bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 XxbizkidgirlxX

i love places like these! cafes where you can sit and have a latte and talk with your friends for hours are gr8!

Advertisement