Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY TV - DIRECT DEBIT DEMAND

• 10-01-2011 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering if anyone else has had recent problems with SKY TV essentially blackmailing people into having to set up a direct debit??
    I have been a customer of SKY for over 10 years and our problems began a year ago. We had up to that point paid by direct debit however one month they “fined” us €50 because they said they were not getting a telephone signal from our SKy+ box. We fought them over this and eventually they backed down and refunded the money. Once bitten, twice shy we cancelled our direct debit and paid by credit card over the phone every month.
    This months bill arrived in sometime over Christmas and between one thing and another we did not call to pay. We did not receive a reminder letter and yesterday afternoon they switched the signal off. I called them straight away and they said it was because bill was not paid. I reminded them I received no reminder letter and offered to pay immediately. They accepted payment and this is when the fun started. The person on the phone asked me (as they do every month) would I like to set up a direct debit. I declined as I always do for reasons outlined. He then said he could / would not reconnect our service unless we set up a direct debit. He said they were SKY’s new terms of business and service would not be connected unless we set it up. Amazed at his “blackmail” I told him I was revising my terms of business and was rescinding my payment made 3 minutes prior to this. He said clearly that this would be done however AIB Visa has told me that they have not reversed payment.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

straight onto citizens advice would be my first move, but i'm pretty sure no company can demand a DD only payment, esp. if you haven't had a new contract from them.

Advertisement