Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low aclo beers

• 10-01-2011 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hey I was just wondering the names of or where i can get low aclo beers. say 2.5-3.5%. Most supermarkets have the normal stuff and strong stuff but never the low stuff any ideas? have a few all day sessions coming up and dont fancy getting to mouldy too early and i think a low aclo level will help with this

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

lowest I can think of off the top of my head is Smithwicks at 3.8%

You could also try spacing out your drinks with water or if you want to maintain the appearance of drinking, get a couple of non-alcoholic beers you can switch to for a while.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Tesco do a "Value" lager that's 2% ABV, as is Carling C2. I don't think the off trade have anything then until Smithwick's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭grungepants

Try Hackenberg it has a few different alco levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are lots of 4% out there, I find it makes a difference. I have been planning on trying the tesco value one, but the can looks horrendous so expect slagging!

434402104_534eef26da.jpg

I did have 2% abroad once at a wedding and loved the fact you could not get too bad on it, keeps you hydrated too.

Some smaller offies can have uncommon cheap cans which can be under 4%. I think tesco might have 1 or 2 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

+1 Smithwicks
    You can drink it all day and it is completely inoffensive!
    (and can be gotten in most pubs/hotels now - my wedding/party saviour)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You could always ask for a shandy. Smithwick's shandys aren't too bad and they look the same as a normal pint so no one will notice.

Edit: Aldi sell bottles of Shandy, think they're only 1.5% though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Marks & Spencers are currently selling some cans of bitter which are fairly low in alcohol content and you might actually enjoy drinking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Hackenberg green is 3.2% afaik Widely available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

Aren't guinness bringing one out, or was that a alcohol based hallucination of mine?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They did but it's draught-only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

thanks guys some good suggestions there.

Advertisement