Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking Lots Of Water at night

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:12am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi,

My GF will be 6 months pregnant on Wednessday.
    From the time she gets into bed untill the time she wakes up she will drink about of 1 pint of water throughout the night waking up at various times to have a sip.

is this normal/ok?
    should i/she be worried at all?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

kceire wrote: »
    hi,

My GF will be 6 months pregnant on Wednessday.
    From the time she gets into bed untill the time she wakes up she will drink about of 1 pint of water throughout the night waking up at various times to have a sip.

is this normal/ok?
    should i/she be worried at all?

thanks.

Yeah it's normal :D

Her body is working very hard at the moment and she needs more water. As well as that she's probably waking more giving her more opportunities to take a sip. I was drinking about 6 pints of water a day at that stage. So thirsty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

prob fine, as das said we wake more so we have more chance to drink or pee - i if i am awake for more then 2 mins i have to pee ;-( Just make sure she mentions it at her next visit as thirst is a symptom of GD http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/d/diabetes-in-pregnancy#textBlock200057

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Yeah, I wouldn't have said it was that normal to WAKE in the night thirsty and probably no harm to mention it in case of gestational diabetes.

That said I am pretty thristy too during the day but I don't wake in the night looking for water. Don't wake to pee either tho! V lucky I know! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

By the time I was 8 months I was bringing a litre sports bottle of water to bed every night and guzzling the stuff all day.. I was parched all the time and I didn't have diabetes or anything else.. it's just normal, her body is working very hard to maintain her and the baby..

Advertisement