Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the massive fire last night at the north west corner of charlesland?

It looked like it was right behind some of the houses up there. I could see it form my kitchen window (reported it of course)

Emergency services said it was christmas trees burning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

I think it was indeed the Christmas trees. We passed the recycling area (just up from Shoreline & tennis club) on way to work this morning and almost half of the trees left there had been burnt to black cinders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

A lot of anti social behaviour in the area lately, newspapers set on fire and signs damaged at the SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Yeah I saw the health express sign eside superquinn was ripped down over Xmas. Appalling

I also noticed the bus was turned into a school bus this morning. I even saw a man drop his wife n kids to the bus this morning! He waited in the car for tem to get in and then drove off! Like would it have been too much for him to drive them the extra five mins up then road!!!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭In the Woods

Know it's a good bit off topic but I think the idea of having some kind of a pass for the bus is a good one. The problem is that all of the management companies operating in Charlesland need to agree to it.

(the suggestion was made that a pass could be given to houses / apartments who have paid their management fees...though I'm sure there could be plenty of issues with that; what happens if you're renting and your landlord doesn't pay the fees).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

there's also extra costs associated with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Know it's a good bit off topic but I think the idea of having some kind of a pass for the bus is a good one. The problem is that all of the management companies operating in Charlesland need to agree to it.

(the suggestion was made that a pass could be given to houses / apartments who have paid their management fees...though I'm sure there could be plenty of issues with that; what happens if you're renting and your landlord doesn't pay the fees).

its been discussed here before - it would be a logistical nightmare with the amount of people moving in and out of Charlesland. A big expensive hammer to crack a small nut, and non-users of the bus are already unhappy about the cost of it (I still think its a minor problem as only an idiot would drive to Charlesland to get the bus when they could just continue driving and park in the P&R)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shaviebeby

Drove past it last night, they closed the road as the fire men put it out. Happened around 1am. Remember the old fires in Greystones Golf Club??.....back in the day!!!!!

Advertisement