Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stag ideas

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hello people,

im organising a stag in letterkenny for round 30 people.....im wondering if you's could help me with a few issues.....?:):)

is the central hotel the best to stay in?

wat is the best bar/pub during saturday afternoon?

wat is the best bar b4 a nightclub?

wat is the best nightclub?

im gonna get the groom a stripper - which bar is best for her to perform?

thanks very much

p.s my mates are all sound so u dont have to worry about any bad behaviour...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

When you say central hotel i presume its the quality court /dillons hotel your talking about which i would recommend it is ideally located good staff everything you really need!

Bars for saturday afternoon i would recommend the bar within quality court it is large and always a buzz about it with hens and stags they do good food aswell other than that you have the orchard its on the high rd about 5-10min walk its a lively bar great food too or the cavern can be good too but i dont think they do food. But to be honest if theres 30 of you were ever yous end up will be good craic!

For a club id recommend the pulse good age group on a sat night a bit older than the rest of letterkenny and before the pulse sister saras right across the road.
    if you dont fancy pulse then next best would be voodoo/club ink its pretty good too and a pub before that id recommend the cavern bar.

If i were you id contact all the clubs and see what theyl offer you vip room champagne all that good luck and have a good weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HENDIEFELLA

thanks very much mate - thats great info...

what bar wud be best for the stripper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

thanks very much mate - thats great info...

what bar wud be best for the stripper?

Both the orchard and saras have had them in before for a lads night type thing, but Voodoo has a VIP room in the nightclub so it might be better there. The cavern should be accomidating as well as they use upstairs for partys.
    I'd call them up and ask to be sure tho.

thanks m8....gonna book the hotel - which one wud be cheapest?

Cant believe i forgot the stripper! Either cavern or sister saras will be fine but they will be most likely packed so plan it well to make sure all the stags get to see the show and not just all the other punters and mention it to the bar staff before there will be a dj on in them and theyll make sure everthing runs smoothly.

• Advertisement

Allot of hens and stags stay in Gallaghers hotel so maybe they do some package but bargain hard they'l all be glad of the custom.

Oh and i second the vip area in club voodoo that would be pretty good

I don't know about price but you could check them out.
    Gallaghers
    Dillions
    Ramada
    Radisson
    Mount Errigal
    Clanree

You'll need a taxi for the last 2. Or good walking/stumbling legs.
    The first 2 are the closest to everything as they are on the main street.

thanks for all the help guys...

booked station hotel for 30 euro which is not bad at all....gonna make a few phonecalls to the local nightclubs bar etc see if they can put something on for us....

so sister sara's from about 7 til 9 then the cavern till about 11 or so then voodoo or pulse?

does that sound like a good night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

booked station hotel for 30 euro which is not bad at all....gonna make a few phonecalls to the local nightclubs bar etc see if they can put something on for us....

so sister sara's from about 7 til 9 then the cavern till about 11 or so then voodoo or pulse?

You'll be walking from one end of the town to the other, and back again if you do this.

Not sure if you might want to get a taxi/bus or something.

Do the nightclubs in LK accept stags? You might want to make sure!

• Advertisement

Sounds good.
    I wouldn't go sara's, cavern then pulse. If your goin to the pulse just stay in sara's, they're pretty much across the road from each other.

If you want, you could go from the cavern to mcginleys then voodoo, theyre all kind of together.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

the posters have given u the rite advice but as thelast buck said u dont want to be going from 1 enda town to next and back print this and take wit ya.
    fri nite mc ginlys bar and then voodoo lounge both full of women not mad chancy tho more respectable kinda birds but still good(voodoo only good fri nites)
    sat nite start in cavern, head 4 sister sarahs you will def get chancy birds in it mostly in from north then hit pulse full of chancy country girls!!
    follow that plan if yas all want to get a serious bita tipping and good luck .

you;s guys are first class...

so something maybe like this - cavern 7 til 9, saras til 11 then over the road to pulse?

cud the cavern hold a stripper?

im gonna give u boys front row seats

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

wud say mc ginlys 7-9 cavern 9- 11 sis saras 11 - 12 30 pulse 12 30 - 3 00 shagfest all nite long!! mc ginlys or the cavern will let yas have a stripper

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

I think Sister Saras will accommodate you and is perfectly suited before the Pulse. Pulse picks up after 1am. They are all on facebook or webs are www.sistersaras.com www.thepulseniteclub.ie

Voodoo is quite young and dance orientated in the niteclub now on Saturdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

I would be wary of the pulse, the bouncers there wouldn't be the soundest of the lot so if going there i would enquire first just to be sure everything would be sound. Contact Paddy or Mark in the orchard during the week just to be sure. Saras is very quiet these days?! I was there two or three weeks ago and there wasn't much of a crowd. Pulse is decent enough but it can vary.

If it was me i would go to cavern first, contact Karl there before hand if you wanted and they would be glad to sort you. Mc Ginleys after, Then i would head to voodoo bar which has a good crowd and if you wanted a V.I.P. area can be sorted in Ink nightclub(upstairs voodoo). It wouldn't cost anything and i am sure they would throw in some food if you wanted. Contact Philip or Jason in the voodoo to sort that. I have phone numbers for all above i have mentioned so whatever you decide if you want them pm me.!

cheers fellas....

il contact u m8 today when i get home from work m8....

Advertisement