Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

documentary idea 'Perfection'

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey peeps,

Just watched black swan last night, great flick. It gave me an idea, i want to make a documentary about perfection. I want to go out and capture people describing why they aspire to the idea of being perfect. I wanna have people describe to me what perfection is, what they imagine the perfect person, place or thing is.

I quite like the style of Werner Horzeg (Herzog?) who did Grizzly man and Encounters at the end of the world. My documentary if i managed to pull enough footage would be all interview based. But if i get a few golden clips of people describing something, i'd like to have an animation or maybe short film to go under their voice and description (this kinda idea in Waking Life or perhaps the Deathly Hallows animation in the harry potter flick.)

So my questions for boards.ie are these.

Would RTE or some other bother be willing to fund such a documentary? (the budget would be quite small)
    I was thinking i would need 2 other people. A journalist to help write questions and track subjects to be interview and a Sound engineer so that i capture their voices perfectly*
    If no funding is available, would anyone be interested in a project like this? (working for free of course) I might buy a HD camcorder for a few hundred euro and just use that, i have a tripod but no sound equipment.

If you're interested, post in this thread :) I don't expect many replies in this corner of boards.

*pun intended

Advertisement