Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Lift... Thomastown - Waterford

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

This is probably a long shot but due to the limited public transport system in Ireland im looking for a lift maybe 2-3 mornings a week from Thomastown to Waterford . I have found it is actually impossible to get a bus or train before 9am to Waterford and I am a student at WIT whos first lecture is at 9am so this is extremely annoying to say the least.

I would only need a lift to the quay tho in waterford but would be looking for anyone who leaves or passes through Thomastown around 8am.

If your looking to save on petrol money then let me know I promise I aint a weirdo and would not annoy you much either :D

cheers anyway

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Does the private bus not pass through Thomastown? My friend gets a privately run students bus to W.I.T every morning that passes through Ballyhale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Dunne's bus definitely does pass through Thomastown, but as the OP said the timing is an issue.

I used to get that bus a few years back and was late for plenty of 9am lectures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dannybhoy

Are you serious ? Oh my god so your telling me that Ive been getting a train and bus on and off for over a year when a bus passes through Thomastown .....thanks for the info god i feel silly have you any contact number ? perhaps ill ask in the college tomorrow I never knew that now at all

got number off net thanks a lot much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Hi
    I am a student in the cork road campus and drive some days and get the bus others. The bus doesnt go through Thomastown. It goes Kilkenny - Knocktopher - Ballyhale - mulinavat and then Waterford.

well I have a car some days aswell and i can get a lift to ballyhale every day any idea what time it passes thru ballyhale ? does it stop outside the shop there ? thanks for letting me know this info

• Advertisement

Oh god I cant think now, it leaves Kilkenny at Lidl roundabout at 7.40 so I reckon about 20 mins or so to get to ballyhale so I would say just after 8 but it you ring Dunnes coaches they will give you exact time. And they will drop you right outside the College Street campus or Cork Road campus. I am on the bus on Wednesday again I can find out then if you havent done so before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Phew, I thought your car was knackered :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

whos car lol...:D

ah sure ill ring at 7.30am and see what the craic is thats great tho im at cork road campus myself cant beleive all along there was a bus jesus ah sure still 2years 2 go so better finding out now than never ! thanks again

Havoc its my knee thats knackered mate im out of this weeks game medial ligament strain ! u did well last week pal in goal !

what you doing at WIT mousehouse ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Jorge Campos eat your heart out :D Don't think I'd get away with it two weeks in a row though.

Hope the knee gets better soon.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

dannybhoy wrote: »
    well I have a car some days aswell and i can get a lift to ballyhale every day any idea what time it passes thru ballyhale ? does it stop outside the shop there ? thanks for letting me know this info

Just asked my friend, he said it picks him up at 8am. I assume its where all the buses stop heading to Waterford. At the little bench where the telephone box used to be.

oh right sound thats great thanks for that might give it a whirl 2moro

dannybhoy wrote: »
    oh right sound thats great thanks for that might give it a whirl 2moro

Go for it. Apparently its pretty full though, but I'm sure theres at least 1 space left :D

Advertisement