Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slight change to design after pp granted

• 10-01-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

we have been approved planning and are going to start our build in the next few months.now going over our drawings again our utility room has 2 windows and 2 doors which means not a lot of storage like wall units or tall units can be used.both are at the back of the house,so would it mean reapplying for pp or could we just leave them out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

fm wrote: »
    we have been approved planning and are going to start our build in the next few months.now going over our drawings again our utility room has 2 windows and 2 doors which means not a lot of storage like wall units or tall units can be used.both are at the back of the house,so would it mean reapplying for pp or could we just leave them out?
    Strictly speaking you cant change anything unless you have permission from the local Council to do so. However most planning authorities will agree to a minor amendment along the lines of what you are proposing.

They all have different ways of handling these things but what you should do is ring the local planning officer and explain to them what you are doing and and be guided by their advice. It usually involves submitting a revised copy of the plan together with a covering letter and possibly a small fee. A bottle of tippex will sort the plan for you so you could do this part yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

muffler wrote: »
    A bottle of tippex will sort the plan for you....
    Shame on you, give the person their title....:D

I know they may be minor changes but I would say go back to the person who did the drawings as there would be no chance of misinterpriting anything afterwards, just a little bugbear of mine....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Shame on you, give the person their title....:D)
    :D lol

Mind you I have seen plans where a gallon of "correction" fluid wouldn't have went amiss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭YouWantWhat

fm wrote: »

Do you have a nosey neighbour?

If so read the thread on planning issues : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056140205

Advertisement