Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird Oil Burner problem and service advice

• 10-01-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have a problem with a Firebird burner - 4 years old.
    It's not firing up .... sounds like the fan is not kicking in. Have checked for an airlock - and cleaned the sensor and still no joy.

Anybody any ideas? Also how often should these be serviced? And should it be by a Firebird agent? Also would anybody know what kind of warranty is on these?

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Had a similar problem lately (intermittant no fan starting), traced fault to the 4 microFarad capacitor which is mounted just under control box.
    The one I took out measured only 1.8 microFarad.

They cost about 10 Euro for a genuine Riello part.

As always be careful electricity kills!

There is also the possibility of worn bearings in the motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Chances are the Electrodes are all sooted up if it has not been serviced in 4 years. Switch off the Power and remove the Electrodes. Clean them with a cloth. Set the gap at the tip of the Electrodes to about 6 to 8 mm and put them back in to the boiler. You may be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks for the replies lads - brightspark sounds like your problem alright. Plumber I was talking to mentioned that - said of I could get at the fan see if it's stuck to get me going. Couldn't get at it though. It's a Riellio too not a firebird and 3 years old not 4.

Couldnt find any decent diagrams online either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Should be 3 small bolts holding the cover on the fan (on right hand side)

Turn off the power before opening, you don't want to get your fingers caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Balls - fuel pump gone - just over 3 years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Balls - fuel pump gone - just over 3 years old

I always get a bit of diesel fcuked in along with the kerosene helps keep the pump lubed.

Advertisement