Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can you set up your own multi room?

• 10-01-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I have sky but only in one room have 2 old skyboxes in kids room for the free chanels. I was thinking of gettin a multiroom sub. Will sky just send me out the cards and I set it up myself or is there a set up fee for it?

Also if there is a set up fee I might cancel and get it in my partners name I remember reading on here about a whole house deal for first time customers for multi-room is that still going?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes.. but the Sky boxes will work for Free channels without a sub.

You do need to have a Quad LNB (you will have if the main box is Sky+ or Sky HD).
    Multiroom is €15 per box extra and all three boxes MUST be on same phone line.
    There is no setup fee if you add the boxes your self using TX100 or PF100 coax cable from LNB at dish.

Try FTA first:
    The main channels include BBC1 (all regions) BBC2, (all nations) BBC3, BBC4, Cbbc, Cbeebies, ITV ( (all regions inc UTV and STV), ITV2, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, Citv, S4C, BBC Alba, C4, E4, More4, Film4, Movies4Men, True Movies, Five, Sky News, Bloomberg, CNBC, CNN, Russia Today, BBC News, BBC Parliament and about 70 Radio channels
    see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_in_the_UK

FTA Childrens daytime includes
    Cbbc, Cbeebies, Milkshake on Five, TRTE& RTEjr (via Aerial), TG4 (via Aerial), Citv, pop, tinyPop, Girlpop.

Irish TV is now 6 TV channels & 10 Radio via aerial free on Digital. More stations comming (no UK TV). http://www.saortv.info/

There really is no need to pay an extra €360 a year + phone line rental (if you don't have a phone line) for TV for Children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

thanks for that watty they have the free channels just its the feckin disney chanel they want! typical kids never happy with what they have .. Im thinking i might get multi room for just one room and use sky player on xbox in the boys room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Waste of money is Disney Channel, loads of repeats. Buying a good DVD occasionally is better value. Besides why pay for American Cultural Indoctrination? ;)

They are not paying the money. You could see do they want a Pocket Money Rise instead.

Wire up the two sky boxes and then you can add card later if you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

danois wrote: »
    Im thinking i might get multi room for just one room and use sky player on xbox in the boys room

I heard rumours that Sky are getting rid of Sky Player wholesale.
    Dont know how true that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

I wanted multiroom but don't have a phone line.
    I rang sky and asked if i could just get another subscription for the bedroom.
    They said no. Only 1 subscription per house:mad:
    I have UPC for the internet so i rang them and asked how much to add TV for the bedroom.
    €7:eek:
    Yes SEVEN EURO per month on top of what i was paying for the internet.
    So now i have SKY world HD down stairs on the 52" and UPC aka "emerdale for herself" upstairs on the 40"
    Tomorrow i'll be phoning SKY for a discount or the whole lot will be UPC by next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement